Hi, I'm dido5767 and have just won a PIP appeal. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm dido5767 and have just won a PIP appeal.

dido5767
dido5767 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Just got my appeal win the judge read 130  pages out of 500 plus and dismissed the D M and no reports  so I now have to wait for longer, I had my pip award stopped last July and I just got my appeal win 4th August  I was told last October that it was a 52 week wait in the Midland area so bonus just hope x10 don't appeal it feeling a little anxious about 

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Hello @dido5767 and welcome to Scope's online community!

A big well done on your PIP appeal news.  Sharing this gives other people on the forum hope and I am glad you persevered and challenged the original decision.  Go you!

I've moved your post over to our PIP and DLA discussion board so other people can better spot it.  

I hope to see you more about the board, feel free to have a nosey around :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Great news on the Tribunal win. It can take between 2-8 weeks to receive backdated money after a Tribunal win. DWP sometimes request the statement of reasons but rare appeal the decision. If they do request the SOR they need to do so within 1 month from the date of the decision. If they do request it, it doesn't mean they're appealing it.

You've done all you can now, all you can do is wait for DWP to pay you what they owe you and put the award into payment. Hopefully not too long.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news on the PIP win and thanks for sharing with us

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.