Bad pip experience now im confused please help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bad pip experience now im confused please help

Options
mk2000
mk2000 Community member Posts: 57 Connected
edited August 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
so i had a bad pip decision and I got treated awful in my phone assesment now they want to have me reassessed and apologise as they have investigated into my complaint and belive the report was wrong but i have already sent in my information doctors records for my appeal so now I'm not going to get my dwp appeal? And will have to do the assesment again but what about if the same things happens then I'm going to have to wait again i don't get it.

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mk2000

I'm sorry you have had a bad experience in your PIP assessment.  It is good that your complaint has been taken seriously and you received an apology.  

To be clearer about what will happen next I would try ringing the PIP helpline on 0800 121 4433.  This would give you chance to explain the situation and ask for advice.

I hope you get some answers and please keep us updated with how you get on. 

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi,

Looking back at your previous posts i see you've requested the MR and not the appeal (Tribunal)

If they ask you for another assessment then i would accept that to be honest. It's not a bad thing that they've decided to do this. The sooner it's done the better it will be for you and then you can put it all behind you and try to relax a little more.

Try and think of it as a good thing, not a bad thing.

If you're confused and don't understand what exactly is happening then you'll need to ring dwp and ask them to explain it to you again. If you can't talk on the phone then once you've gone through security you can pass the phone onto someone else to speak on your behalf.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mk2000 - I don't know if this helps, but I had 2 assessments with my first PIP claim. The first assessment felt awful, & whilst I didn't complain, I did get a call from someone who'd looked through this a few days later (who couldn't have been nicer). Whether it was sheer luck in that they had randomly checked it, or they'd picked up problems with the first assessor's report, I don't know. A week later, I got sent another PIP assessment date, & rang up to check this was correct, & that then I wouldn't get the same assessor.
    The 2nd assessor couldn't have shown more empathy, & I feel like I got a 2nd chance, altho it was difficult having 2 assessments in 3 weeks. I also would say accept another assessment, & take it as a positive, as they realised your first assessment went wrongly. :)
  • mk2000
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone you've made me feel a relief yes I will take this second interview hopefully it all goes well and not like last time thanks all for your help x
  • mk2000
    Options
    @chiarieds that is crazy it is really lucky 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mk2000 At least it shows they have taken your MR into account and you deserve another assessment rather than just not changing the decision. This is a positive and while I understand the pressure of another assessment this assessment may give a totally different outcome

Good luck and let us know how it goes
  • mk2000
    Options
    Thanks im still waiting for a letter with the appointment i dont know how long this is going to take ..but I've got anxiery bad and stressed thinking about it all its making me ill

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.