Changing adress pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Changing adress pip

Melin
Melin Community member Posts: 77 Connected
Hi hope everyone is well a quick question l am moving next month and will this mean a new assesment with pip when l let them know or will they just update my address on my claim l would be grateful for any answers 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

For PIP it's a simple change of address and nothing more. For any other benefits you maybe claiming then it will totally depend on what exactly you're claiming.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Melin
    Thankyou for your reply poppy it’s just for pip and housing benefit
  • poppy123456
    Melin said:
     housing benefit
    This could be a problem. Whether or not you can claim for housing benefit once you've moved will depend on your circumstances. New claims for HB can only be made in very specific circumstances. A current claim for severe disability premium is one of them or living in supported housing.

If none of those apply to you and you're moving to a different local council then you'll need to claim Universal Credit for help with your rent.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Melin
    Thankyou l am currently claiming housing benefit and l am not changing my local council so hopefully that will be okay than 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. Yes, staying with the same local council means you'll be able to stay on housing benefit.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome just wanted to say Hi and hope the move hoes well and you settle into your new home
  • Melin
    Thankyou very much for all comments 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.