Assessment report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment report

file28
file28 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
just received the assessment report (requested from dwp)
Having read through it I can say it is an honest and factual report 
And it read as clear and truthful as the telephone conversation conducted 
Checking through the descriptors my my scored 14 for care and 24 for mobility 
With a recommendation for no requirement to arrange a review of this claim as significant change is unlikely 
Do the dwp award the same as the assessor's score and recommendation 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

They can go against it but it's rare for this to happen. You will of course need to wait for the decision. There's no timescales for any decision but hopefully not too long.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @file28 assuming they go with the report (and as poppy says they usually do) you will be awarded enhanced care and enhanced mobility, if you have heard nothing in a months time you could phone them, but it can take longer.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome sounds like a good report and should get you an enhanced award for both if the DM goes with the report.

Keep us updated when you get your decision
  • file28
    Thanks again for the support and advice and yes as soon as we hear from the DM we will let you know 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news thanks for sharing 

Take care 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    It really is such a relief when that confirmation comes through isn’t it. 
    Congratulations @file28

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• file28
    Indeed it is 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    That must be a massive relief @file28 and thank you for sharing your experience.  It will give others hope who might be struggling with the PIP process. 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations @file28 - Yes, thank you for sharing about the good assessment report, & confirmation of award. Hope to see you around the community. :)
  • file28
    All I can say is be truthful and include everything during a full 24 hour, all meds,treatments o/t reports doctors notes hospital consultations just about EVERYTHING  no matter how trivial it seems have someone with you to speak on your behalf if possible, have things written down ready to answer questions you may be asked 
    Good luck to all others having to go through this process 
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @file28 congratulations. Great news for your both. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.