PIP ADVICE LOVELYS — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP ADVICE LOVELYS

charlotte441
charlotte441 Community member Posts: 45 Connected
So basically my award review is due out they said in 3 weeks time so here goes .....

I am on enhanced for daily living and get nothing for mobility, I should of got lower rate for mobility and no where I scored enough points. Is it worth mentioning when I get my award review? Or will they say why would we give it you when we didn’t give it you with your 5 year award? I would take it all the way through to MR and tribunal and I no I should be on enhanced  daily and lower rate mobility, any advice anyone. 

Thank you x

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,326 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    HI,

During a review they look at both parts of PIP again and not just part of it. Just because you don't already claim the mobility part now doesn't mean you can't claim it in the future, if you're entitled to it. I'm not sure why you wouldn't mention all of your conditions and how they affect you when you fill out the form.

The main thing to think about when filling out the revirew forms is not to put "no change" putting this is probably the worst thing you can do.

Always treat a review like a new claim and fill out the form with as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Use extra sheets of paper but make sure you add your name and NI number to everything you send.

Look through all your evidence to make sure nothing contradicts each other and if it doesn't state how your conditions affect you then think to yourself "do i really need to send that" less is often more and sending in huge amounts of evidence really isn't helpful because chances are they won't even read all of it.

Face to face assessments are still currently suspended and telephone assessments have replaced them. Like face to face, most people have telephone assessments. Paper based assessments are still rare.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi welcome As Poppy has advised you should treat a review just like a new claim and put how your condition is affected for all the descriptors as they apply to you

Good detailed form completion is the key tol getting the award you deserve
  • charlotte441
    @poppy123456 @janer1967 thank you to both of you for all your advice. I’m going to treat it like a new claim. my question to you both will they compare the review form to my old one? sorry if you have answered it already I’m slow. I’m not going to put “no change” so many reviews have said that’s the worse thing you can do. I will treat it like a brand new claim. hopefully I get awarded it again. I no it sounds stupid nothings change if anything it’s got worse ..... what’s the key to getting my award? a question to both of you. I got given 5 years straight away on my first claim. this is the review. X
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    As above give as much detail giving examples of what happens when you try and do the task can you do it if not why not do you need help or aids can you do it safely 

They may look at your last form but will be more interested in the new one as that is what will be used to make decision 
  • poppy123456
    There's no "key" to getting an award. This is a review for you but it really doesn't matter about that and it shouldn't make any difference.

Do they look at your previous report? Yes, the HCP did for me and for my daughters review. Infact she had a paper based assessment for her review and the report mentions the previous report quite a lot.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • charlotte441
    @janer1967  @poppy123456  thank you so much for your advice hun. is it worth mentioning where I should be scoring points on the descriptors? or not? I will treat it as a new claim. can I get my brother to fill it in for me? just I struggle with my writing. thanks you both you of :) 
  • poppy123456
    The questions on the form are related to the activities so just answer the questions as it asks. Personally when i filled out my daughters last review form i didn't state specifically how many points i think she should score, no need to do that at this point.

Anyone can fill out the form for you, there's no rules against that.
  • charlotte441
    @poppy123456 thanks for your superb advice. I won’t mention the points will just fill it out. how long did it take then to get back to you? Obviously I no it can take up to 8 weeks. Just hope I get it. if not will fight it all the way as I no what I am entitled to. By reading other posts people have said there not going to compare it to your last one, people said just treat it like a new claim hun.
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome.

Up to 8 weeks? There's no timescales, it depends on backlog in your area.

I never advised they don't look at your previous claim. I said they may look at it because they did for my claim and my daughters. For my daughter PIP review last time they mentioned the assessment report for the first claim and used that for information to do a paper based assessment, as well as the review form that i sent, which had a huge amount of information (including recent examples)

Always treat a claim as a new claim, yes.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @charlotte441

I see you've been given some superb advice above. There's little I can add to that, I just wish you the very best with your renewal. I hope you get the outcome you want. Hopefully it doesn't have to go to an appeal or tribunal, but just in case, you might find this resource helpful.

Make sure you give as many real life examples as possible when filling out the form, and send in as much medical evidence as you deem necessary to prove your entitlement.

All the best, let us know how you get on :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.