PiP appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PiP appeal

Lizzy30
Lizzy30 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
edited August 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
HI im new here, iv been going through my PIP appeal for a year and a half, iv just tracked it and it said Hearing booked, but no date, so i rang and she said they cant give me a date incase of anychange but to ring at the end of the month of iv not had my decision in the post, im now worried sick as i was due to attend and cant because of covid. Iv now just got to sit and wait which doesnt help me. Has anyone had this? If so are the outcome to them doing it without me the same as face to face? 
Thankyou.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

Face to face hearings have been suspended for quite a few months and there's no sign of them starting back anytime soon. Instead people are having telephone hearings, some have had paper based decisions.

The success rate of both has been amazing. Hopefully you'll hear something soon. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Hello @Lizzy30 and welcome to Scope's online community.  I'm glad you found us and @poppy123456 has been able to clear things up for you.  Just as a heads up, I moved your post to our PIP board so its in the best spot to get help.

I know applying for PIP can be a nerve wracking process and I have my fingers crossed for you.  Please make sure to let us know how you get on.

How are you today?
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Lizzy30
    Hi thanks for the replies, i will keep you updated with what happens ?. Thankyou i did try move it but as im new i havent got a clue how this works. Im so worried but im ok thankyou, how are you? X
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Don't worry, if you ever want a post moving just ask one of the team and we'll do it for you.

I'm glad you are ok.  Try to not get too worried about it, easier said than done I know, but take it one step at a time and make sure to ask our community any more questions you might.  We are all here to support you.

I'm not bad for a Monday thanks :) Getting ready for a cup of tea!

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Lizzy30 Welcome to the community glad you have joined us great place to get advice and some support

You may want to look at our PIP section as there are lots of posts around tribunals to give you some other peoples experiencer

Good luck and hope you get a hearting soon
  • Lizzy30
    @Username_removed this is what i was actually waiting for a phone hearing, its confused me as they sent a letter asked me to agree to the phone hearing which i did, then all of a sudden its now down to just them. Its so confusing. 

Thanks everyone for the replies means alot x
  • Lizzy30
    @Username_removed sorry to sound silly but what does triaged mean? 

Thanks again. 
  • Lizzy30
    Hi again, i got a letter through the post saying an actual date now and also its a phone call appointment, i got it the day after i rang and was told i couldnt be told a date and was told it was being done with out me. Just thought id update x
  • poppy123456
    It seems like they couldn't make a decision without the telephone hearing. Hope it goes well, good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Lizzy30
    Thankyou i will update once iv had the call ? x
  • Lizzy30
    Hi everyone, update on my appeal, i had my tribunal phone call on Friday the 28th Aug and had my decision by the 4th Sep, which i won ? i couldnt be any happier, but the only thing that has confused me is it states on the letter that i het it from when i first applied but only untill may next year? Can anyone help me understand this please. 

Thanks.
  • poppy123456
    Lizzy30 said:
    Hi everyone, update on my appeal, i had my tribunal phone call on Friday the 28th Aug and had my decision by the 4th Sep, which i won ? i couldnt be any happier, but the only thing that has confused me is it states on the letter that i het it from when i first applied but only untill may next year? Can anyone help me understand this please. 

Thanks.

That's great news. Yes, the award ends in May 2021. This means that you'll be contacted by DWP 14 weeks before the award is due to end and then you'll need to apply again. Back dated money can take between 2-8 weeks after a Tribunal win.
  • Lizzy30
    @poppy123456 thankyou for the reply ? so i will have to go through it all again ????  like the hole form, assessment f2f and the end up taking it to tribunal again? Thankyou.
  • poppy123456
    It will be the PIP2 forms yes and another assessment yes. Hopefully next time you'll be successfully awarded and won't have to take it to Tribunal.
  • Lizzy30
    @poppy123456 whats pip2 forms?  I feel lile il have to keep fighting ?Thanks again
  • poppy123456
    It's the "how your disability affects you form" most likely the one you filled out the last time. These forms haven't changed since PIP was introduced. Example here. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/713118/pip2-how-your-disability-affects-you-form.pdf

• poppy123456
    If you were waiting a for 18 months for this Tribunal then that's a nice amount of backpay they will owe you, depending on what you were awarded.
  • Lizzy30
    Iv neen waiting 16 months and won standard on both. Thanks for helping me, im really upset that im.going to have to reapply x
  • Lizzy30
  • poppy123456
    That's a long time to wait. When it's nearer the time to reapply please post back here and i'm sure someone will give you some advice regarding filling out the forms. I won't give you the advice now as you have a few months before that will happen.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.