Help — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help

tara2019
tara2019 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
my daughter is my paid carer now she has payment she does not come and care for me my mum who is 67 yrs comes n helps me with everything day 3 times a day how do I transfer payment to my mum please advise 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2020
    Hi,

As your mum is state pension age then she can claim carers allowance but she can't be paid it, she'll have an underlying entitlement to it. This means it can increase any other benefits she maybe claiming, or she may become entitled to them for the first time.

If your daughter is no longer caring for you then she will need to ring DWP/carers allowance to cancel her claim.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tara2019
    My mum doesn't claim any benefits apart from her pension im quite discusted with my dsughter she has had the back pay been shopping once n cut my hair once I think ive had my grandchildren more times she dumps them with me in lucky i have my mum who helps me 

• poppy123456
    I'm sorry to hear that. If she's not caring for you for at least 35 hours a week then she shouldn't be claiming the carers allowance. She really needs to ring carers allowance to tell them she's no longer caring for you.

Please have a read of the link i posted and it explains about carers allowance when claim your state pension.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • tara2019
    Yes ive read it I dont really understand it my mum will always come and look after me i just thought she could claim little bit extra and take carers allowance away from my daughter as she is taking the **** out of me n my disability 
  • poppy123456
    edited August 2020
    Those that are state pension age can claim carers allowance but they can't recieve the money because state pension and carers allowance are overlapping benefits. Although it may still be worth her claiming because it means that she could be entitled to pension credit, if she doesn't already claim this. The pension credit will include the carers premium. Whether she's entitled to claim pension credit to begin with will totally depend on her circumstances. Not everyone is entitled to claim this.

However, nothing can be done until your daugher reports the changes and cancels the carers allowance. As she's not caring for you for at least 35 hours per week then she shouldn't be claiming the carers allowance.

Please mindful of your language.
  • tara2019
    Sorry poppy about my language it just angers me thanks for advice ill try and sort everything tomorrow ?  
  • poppy123456
    No worries. Please speak to your daughter before doing anything else. Once you've done that and the carers allowance is canceled then your mum should get a full benefits check.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tara2019, I imagine this is really frustrating. I appreciate that this might not be an easy conversation, but have you approached your daughter and explained carers allowance means she cares for you at least 35 hours a week?

I hope thing manage to get resolved. Take care. :) 
    Scope

• tara2019
    Yes thanks had the talk with my daughter have decided that she does care for me set up a weekly router thanks for the advice 
  • poppy123456
    Shopping and cutting your hair once isn't 35 hours per week.
  • tara2019
    Ino we had a big bust up other week me been the aggressor this is caused by my mental health i have these out busts often think we are back on track from now on hoping my outbursts keep calm ? thanks
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tara2019 Sorry to hear about what you have been going through and I hope you have got it sorted now.

Your daughter needs to give you the proper care the carers allowance is paying for and this is 35 hours per at least which equates to at least 5 hours per day.

This is a huge commitment and I hope you have explained to her fully her responsibilities and set up a care plan

Good luck you deserve the care you need
  • tara2019
    Thankyou yes we have set up a router for daily help i just need to calm down and not push her away when i have manic episodes with my mental health thanks ? 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tara2019

How are you? 

I hope things get better for you going forward and you get the care you need :) 

Have you ever received any support for your mental health? 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tara2019, how are you doing today? :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.