Will tribunal make a decision on new capabilities i cant do because of a illness? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will tribunal make a decision on new capabilities i cant do because of a illness?

bristolgirl77
bristolgirl77 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hiya all? I'm new to this, I would like some advice please. I'm awaiting to go to tribunal for pip, I first applied for pip in January and didn't get awarded any points at all. But I don't think it helped that I acted on impulse when filling in the form in the beginning and didn't provide any evidence.
And even when I appealed online to go to tribunal,I don't think I explained myself with proper details of my capabilities, being impulsive isn't a good thing?
But since then my capability of things I can do has changed. 
Would tribunal take this into consideration at all? 
  Thanks?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,340 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

The Tribunal will not take into consideration any worsening of condition. They will only take into consideration how your conditions were at the time the assessment took place.

Medical evidence isn't really needed for a PIP claim. Anecdotal evidence is really all that's needed. A couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you and you should do this for your submission.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bristolgirl77
    Thanks very much poppy123456
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @bristolgirl77 Welcome to the community, glad you have joined us. As Poppy says they will only take into account your condition when you applied.

To stand a chance at tribunal you need to prepare and as advised give examples of why you cant do a task or how you can do it if you need aids, support, can do it safely and repeatedly. If you cant do something why cant you do it

The best would have been if you put this on your initial form completion and also on the MR after you were refused.

The form i key to the application

Fingers crossed and hope you get better result at tribunal
  • bristolgirl77
    Hiya @janer1967 thanks I totally messed up my pip application as I didn't write everything down.
    And when it came to Mr I didn't write, I rang them and they text back saying I wouldn't need to do anything else only if I had further evidence and at the time I didn't as my condition wasn't diagnosed as my gp wouldn't help. 
    When I had the report back from Mr they contradicted everything I had told them on the phone.
    Thanks this is so frustrating I've now looked into get some help with tribunal. 
    If this is refused then I'll apply again, but get proper help with the form, and gather as much evidence I can 
      Thanks ? 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Your welcome the tribunal looks at it from fresh start so if you have help and give good reason how you are affected by your condition against the descriptors this should help 

Fingers crossed 
  • bristolgirl77
    Thanks very much ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,340 Disability Gamechanger
    For advice, start here https://advicelocal.uk/find-an-adviser if you can get representation then even better.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bristolgirl77
    Thanks @poppy123456
    I was thinking of contacting citizen advice. Do you think they can help me in anyway. My son was going to be my representive but he doesn't want to anymore so could I change it to my friend? 

Thanks?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @bristolgirl77

Welcome to the community, I hope to see you around here more often :) 

Citizens Advice is definitely an option for you, they have plenty of useful information about challenging PIP decisions. 

Whether they will let you change your representation, I'm not sure. Have you tried calling to ask? 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • J35
    J35 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    @bristolgirl77 hi, i would recommend contacting CAB (i'm also in bristol and they have been great) i'm currently waiting to hear back from my MR and CAB helped all the way through, they will also continue to help if my MR fails and will help with the tribunal. the pricticular lady helping me said she can also be a representative for it and come along on the day (if it goes that far) hope this helps.  
  • Ross_Alumni
    @J35

Glad they were able to help you so much, that person seems lovely :) 

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • bristolgirl77
    Hello @Ross_Scope thanks very much  I've been thinking about contacting them, so I think 1st thing Monday morning I'll make the call to ca. 
    And I'll contact the tribunal.
      Thanks

• Ross_Alumni
    Sounds like a plan @bristolgirl77

Hope you have a great weekend in the meantime :) 

• bristolgirl77
    @J35 hope all goes well for you. Fingers crossed ?
  • bristolgirl77

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.