Submitted Written MR — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Submitted Written MR

depressedmum09
depressedmum09 Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
After all the fabulous advice I got on here, I submitted my MR in writing on Friday by 1st class post. I wrote a 2 sided A4 letter stating why I should be awarded more points. Fingers crossed I get enhanced. I scored 11 points in daily living and I feel there are several categories were i should of scored higher. Just a question for the experienced PIP advisors on here, Ive read on a few threads that now ive asked for an MR my whole claim gets looked at again as a whole, meaning they could take away my current award of standard. Is this correct that I could lose my claim altogether? 
Also, would I receive a text or anything to say they have received my MR request? I dont trust the post so I just want to make sure it got there ok.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes they do look at the whole award again so yes you could lose everything you've already got. Sometimes they send a text and sometimes they don't.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi again

Glad you have submitted your MR and Poppy has advised m to chack they have got your MR in a couple of weeks just before the deadline if you havent heard anything. But remember they do take a while to get there and also for them to scan them onto the system

Did you keep a copy for reference  
  • river123
    river123 Community member Posts: 107 Courageous
    Hi @depressedmum09 I also sent my MR request Friday too so hopefully could hear about the same time, I didn’t officially get awarded on either I scored 6 points tho on daily living.. I knew I wouldn’t get mobility but I thought I would of definitely got awarded on daily living. All we can both do now is wait I suppose. I am going to ring the dwp the back end of this week to see if they’ve received my letters I have sent in..
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck @depressedmum09 and @river123.
    I have everything crossed for you.  Keep us updated with how you get on.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • laurapeach
    laurapeach Community member, Scope Member Posts: 114 Pioneering
    Ahh good luck with your MR! I sent mine off six weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet but hopefully it won't take too long for you to hear back about yours. I've been tempted to call them to make sure they have everything but I don't want to waste more time on hold to them!

How are you feeling about the MR? The good thing I guess is the hard part is done so if you go to tribunal you've done most of the legwork already
    Mum of one little girl.

I am AuDHD and I have M.E/CFS and POTS.
  • river123
    river123 Community member Posts: 107 Courageous
    Hi @laurapeach I’m actually abit nervous about doing an MR to be honest but I am going to take it all the way. I only sent my paperwork off on Friday just gone to request MR and I’ve rang them today to see if they’ve received my letters etc witch I kno is early but they have received it today and has gone on file. I rekon it’s going to be a good few weeks to head back then if u still haven’t heard anything. I’m in Manchester are you in same area? I don’t kno weather different areas take different type of time scales but I hope you hear back soon.. if you don’t mind me asking did you score at all? I scored 6 on daily living 0 for mobility..
  • poppy123456
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Good luck hun xx
  • laurapeach
    laurapeach Community member, Scope Member Posts: 114 Pioneering
    Hi @river123 I'm in Plymouth so completely different area, I imagine some places are getting stuff sorted quicker than others.
    Oh no that's absolutely fine! I scored 8 points for daily living and 4 for mobility so I have an award already, but I've put in the MR as having gone through the descriptors and been really honest with myself I think I should be getting enhanced for both. I'll have to see what they think though. I have a blue badge now too so I'm hoping they take that into consideration this time for the mobility side of things.
    Mum of one little girl.

I am AuDHD and I have M.E/CFS and POTS.
  • depressedmum09
    @laurapeach @river123
    Hi, im not sure how I feel about the MR to be honest, I can only hope for the best. I sent off further evidence on tuesday to them, it was a report from a social worker who works with my MH team. It was a rreport on my current conditions and issues, with future treatment plans, things like that so we will see. 
    I already have an award of standard daily living. I got 11 points so i was a bit miffed i missed out on enhanced by 1 point. Im not too fussed on the motorbility part to be honest, even though I should be entitled to it I just think its impossible to justify why they should give me it because I suffer with mental health rather than a physical mobility problem. 
    Im not expecting a quick turn around with a decision on the MR, my original claim took more than 22 weeks but at least its been submitted. 
    I get so jealous of people in certain areas getting fast decisions on everything lol, the whole process it mentally exhausting. I live in the merseyside area. A friend of the family asked for an MR in my area, that was in January. She still hasnt had a decision so il uodate you all in 2021 when i hear back lol.
    @Username_removed Hi Mike, i did read people advising not to do an MR because they can deny you all together and then they demand money back from you. Its unlikely i would get my current award taken away because I am clearly in need of it plus more so we will see. 
    A quick question, do i have to notify universal credit of my pip award? I currently receive income support because i am technically on maternity pay from the birth of my son 12 months ago. Just not sure what i need to do if anything. 
  • poppy123456
    edited August 2020
    @depressedmum09 not sure where you read that if you lose your award at MR stage then you'll need to pay the money back, this is definitely not correct.

A little confused about what benefits exactly you're claiming because you mention Universal Credit and Income support at the same time (which is an old legacy benefit) and you can't be claiming both at the same time. Then you mention maternity pay. If you're claiming Universal Credit then a PIP award doesn't affect this at all as there's no disability premiums available when claiming UC. If you're claiming Income Support then there are disability premiums payable, which will give you extra money.

If you could be more specific what benefits exactly you're claiming then i can advise correctly.
  • depressedmum09
    @poppy123456
    Hi poopy, sorry for the confusion. 
    I used to have a claim for income support but i was moved over to universal credit. I just assumed it was the same thing but under a different name. 
    I get universal credit every month now but Im not require to look for work due to my son being 12 months old. I have never had to inform them of a change (i.e. the reason why i cant work, or look for work) because im not required to) i just wondered whether i would need to inform them that i was awarded pip incase it affected the benefits i currently receive. 
  • poppy123456
    Ah i see. Do you live with a partner? If so then your partner can claim the carers element of UC for looking after you. This is an extra £160 per month and they will need to report the changes on their journal.

If your health affects your ability to work then you may want to consider sending in fit notes to start the limited capability for work process off. Although you don't have any work commitments at the moment, when your child reaches 2 then this could change, so definitely worth thinking about the fit note.

• depressedmum09
    Thanks @poppy123456 i will start looking into it. 
    A little bit of good news, i received a text late on friday from the DWP saying,

"You've asked us to look at our recent PIP decision again. We will write to you once we've done this. As a guide you should hear from us within 10 weeks. You don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us have changed. Thank you."

At least i know  they have my application and i dont need to call and check. Waiting game round 2 starts now lol.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    That is some good new @depressedmum09 :) Try and put it out of your mind for the time being if you can, and please do let us know how it goes. We'll be here for you whatever happens. 

How have you been getting on otherwise? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.