Pip review form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review form

Options
js26
js26 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
hi all I received my pip review form recently.
Just looking for some advice tbh.
I had read lots of people saying that dont put no change on the form etc

On my form for each different activity/section there is the following three questions

Tell us how something has changed and approximately when

Tell us how you manage this activity now, including the use of any aids that you use

Tell us about any changes to the help you need or the help you get from another person.

There is 3 small lines to write under each section. No tick boxes.

Problem for me is there hasn't been any changes since my award, and the help I receive from family members hasn't changed at all either, making my form look extremely vague. Also to add to that, the only part where I can begin to write about how I manage the activitys now, the form gives just 3 small lines to write. I have typed on an extra pages about my health now as there's simply no room to write anything on these new forms. But now I am worried that the writing I attach and medical evidwnce will be simply ignored, and that writing no change will be simply looked at as a poorly written form and will go against me. Does anyone have any advise for me please, as I have just 2 weeks left to submit my form. Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @js26 and welcome to the community :) 

Certain stages of the PIP form can be difficult to fill in, because you're not sure if you should or shouldn't answer a particular question, but my best advice is just to be honest and provide as much evidence as you can.

Possibly answer with something like "My condition hasn't changed, but..." and then explain how your condition still impacts you like it did from the start. 

They shouldn't discount any additional supporting evidence and documents that you send off with your renewal form, so I would recommend sending as much as you deem necessary. It is hard to fit all of your answers in the space they provide so additional paper is inevitable in my experience. 

If you do want to read more information about how the PIP renewal process works, or if you need any support with it, you should visit this page on Citizens Advice.

Best of luck with the renewal, let us know how you get on and I hope to see you around the community more often going forward :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,281 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

I would definitely not advise you to just write no change because that isn't going to help your review at all. What will help is putting as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you and then add a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Yes, use extra sheets of paper because there's never enough of room on the form. Make sure you add your name and NI number to everything you send.

I don't agree with sending as much evidence as possible. Less is often more. If the evidence doesn't state how your conditions affect you then you need to stop and think if it's of any use. Anecdotal evidence is the best you can send.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @js26, how are you doing? :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.