Have I messed up my claim?? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have I messed up my claim??

piphelp
piphelp Community member Posts: 19 Connected
edited August 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I put my claim in for pip a few week ago and I realised I didn’t explain the impact of one of my conditions anywhere. 
I mentioned my chronic migraines and cluster headaches (I’m under neurologist for them) where it asks about conditions but I didn’t actually refer to them on any page. I was having a rare pain-free day when I did the form and focussed on my other conditions but the last few days I was in bed all day because they were so bad and it reminded me the impact they had. 
My other conditions impact my just as much and as frequently and with the same result in most areas but I just didn’t add any info about the impact of my cluster headaches.

For a few different reasons I’ve requested a paper based assessment and provided evidence supporting why I need it.

As I’ve missed out giving any info on my headaches are they going to think it’s strange and be more likely to need an assessment? I’m such an idiot 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

If those headaches affect you in the same way as other conditions then don't worry about it. Before Covid19 most people had face to face assessments but now those assessments are suspended most people are having telephone assessments. Paper based ones are rare, even during Covid. My advice would be to expect a telephone assessment and this way if the appointment date does arrive then you won't be too shocked.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • piphelp
    Thank you how is the best way to send it just write some extra points for each question with the heading and post it to them? 

Is there a possibility of refusing a telephone assessment? What would happen? I can’t use the phone at all. I would not even speak to my mother on it (not that she would ever call or even has my number lol). I can’t use the phone at all and I made this very clear in my forms. 

If they’re unable to do a paper based and accept that I can’t use the phone will they just put me on a list to eventually have a face to face when they reopen? 
  • piphelp
    Also does anyone know if the process is generally moving quicker at the moment? My form was scanned onto the system less than 24 hours after I sent it! 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    if you only sent the form a few weeks ago then you could be waiting a while yet. If a paper based assessment can't be done and you can't use the phone then you may have to wait until the face to face assessments are back on again but who knows how long that will be.

A successful claim can potentially take several months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bubster20
    bubster20 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    Hi @piphelp, are your CH chronic or episodic? 
  • piphelp
    I’ve been told they are episodic @bubster20 but honestly I feel that’s wrong - I can’t remember when I last went more than a week without trouble. 

• piphelp
    I just want to update to say I am so shocked and surprised but I have a decision already and it is good news! Got standard care enhanced mobility! I do think maybe it should be the other way around but I’m so very happy I didn’t mess everything up! 

From when I send my forms back to now having a decision has been less than 1 month I think this is the fastest turnaround ever! 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    GREAT NEWS @piphelpthats sure is a quick turnaround
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @piphelp and thanks for letting us know the good news, I'm very happy for you :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations @piphelp - that's so good to hear, & so fast a result! I'm so pleased you were awarded. :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Really happy for you @piphelp
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.