MR and tribunal - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MR and tribunal

2»

Comments

• Debbie1234
    Debbie1234 Community member Posts: 183 Courageous
    Brilliant stuff ? have a lovely day
  • Debbie1234
    Debbie1234 Community member Posts: 183 Courageous
    Yes Mike I do agree, I'm sure some of it is free. I found that website first whilst googling lot's of questions ?
    I love this website because it is free, you get excellent advice and experiences, you get to interact and converse with everyone too ?
    more of a community spirit ?

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm glad you find the community valuable @Debbie1234! I hope you've had a good day :)
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • fali0599
    fali0599 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Hey everyone! 

I’ve just received news that my MR was successful and DWP have offered me standard daily living. 

The only thing I’m disappointed at is the fact that they’ve only given me an 18 months award when my condition is lifelong. 

If I was to lodge an appeal, am I able to withdraw it at a later stage? Also would the money that has been paid into my bank account be returned? 

Thanks 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news @fali0599 if you appeal the whole claim will be looked at again not just the length of the award 

Personally I would take what you have been given and hope you are successful at next review if not then appeal but that is just my opinion 

Not many get longer award even if lifelong my first award was 2 years and my leg isnt going to grow back or suddenly get my sight back in my blind eye 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    fali0599 said:
    Hey everyone! 

I’ve just received news that my MR was successful and DWP have offered me standard daily living. 

The only thing I’m disappointed at is the fact that they’ve only given me an 18 months award when my condition is lifelong. 

If I was to lodge an appeal, am I able to withdraw it at a later stage? Also would the money that has been paid into my bank account be returned? 

Thanks 

There's lots of people that claim PIP and have life long conditions that are only awarded for a short time before they are reviewed. Whether you're entitled for any longer that this will totally depend on your conditions. If they think your conditions will change at any point in the future then you're less likely to have a longer award, even more so if you've been award just standard daily living.

For example, someone with mental health could see their conditions change sometime in the future, so their award will be for a shorter time before reviewing again.

If you think you're entitled to a longer award then you'll need to based the Tribunal on that and you will need to state why you think you should be awarded for longer. Expert advice is definitely needed here before doing anything else.

Your exisiting award will continue while you wait for the Tribunal and no you won't have to pay anything back.

Start here with that expert advice. https://advicelocal.uk/find-an-adviser

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • river123
    river123 Community member Posts: 107 Courageous
    Hi @fali0599 that’s brill news.. 
    I sent off for my mr 2 weeks ago but not heard nothing yet. If u don’t mind me asking how long did it take form u asking for a MR to get a decision ?
  • fali0599
    @poppy123456 and @janer1967
    Thank you both for the advice. I will probably accept this award and get ready for the review in June haha.

@river123 it’s been over 6 weeks since they sent me a text saying they’ve received the MR request. And I didn’t even know they’d awarded me the money went into my bank before receiving the letter!
  • river123
    river123 Community member Posts: 107 Courageous
    @fali0599 Aww that’s good then.. I haven’t received a text to say they’ve received my MR request but I did ring them a week after sending the request to make sure they’ve got all my information witch I believe they have it all and it’s just waiting to be looked at by a decision maker witch can take a good few weeks apparently, I scored 6 points for daily 0 for mobility.. I’m hoping I hear something in the next few weeks. Glad to hear that MRs can be changed. ?
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    You can request the length of award!?
    This site is worth its weight in gold...lol
    Something I might try, seeing as if I succeeded in my PIP claim, the thought of having to do it all again a year later would be like standing on the train tracks waiting for the speeding freight train to hit me for a year....lol
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Username_removed thanks for correcting me 
  • fali0599
    Hey guys, as my award was given until June 2021, I was wondering when will the review come about? Will I have to do anything in advance or will the DWP inform me? Also are there any good resources for completing reviews.

thanks!!
  • poppy123456
    edited September 2020
    fali0599 said:
    Hey guys, as my award was given until June 2021, I was wondering when will the review come about? Will I have to do anything in advance or will the DWP inform me? Also are there any good resources for completing reviews.

thanks!!

I seen that after the refusal your MR was successful so you should have had a new award length. Check your decision letter to see what that is as i see that you were awarded again for 18 months. You will be contacted 6 months before for another review.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • fali0599
    This was my first claim which started back in December 2019. So an 18 month award was given to me after MR and I received my back pay.
  • poppy123456
    Oh i see. Then you'll be sent review forms 6 months before your award is due to end.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.