Pip telephone assessments — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip telephone assessments

js26
js26 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
hi all , I'm aware that timescales vary based on the different area you are from

But could anyone tell me from your own experiences how long it took after sending your form back until you had the telephone assessment, and then the time until you received your decision.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Even if people do tell you, it's not really going to do anything to help, other than to increase your anxiety even more. There's no timescales, backlogs are just part of the reason a claim can be delayed.

A successful claim can potentially take several months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @js26 Welcome to the community as quoted everywhere is different but if you look at some of the posts from other timescales other members have had. Some just a few weeks and others still waiting from putting in claims in Jan 

Bus as said this wont make your anxiety any better or make the process quicker im afraid its just a waiting game
  • Carolla
    Carolla Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi I had my telephone assessment yesterday, I applied on the 15th of May, so nearly 15 weeks. I personally would of preferred face to face. Just have to wait and see. What I will say she asked questions that were not on the form and did not ask questions that I personally thought she should of, regarding mobility. Also time of appointments failed to call on Monday when appointment was made, I had to call up and change as I  had  Hospital appointment. Did not ring on time yesterday 55 minutes late. Be prepared notes etc make sure you emphasise how your condition affects quality of life. Know idea how it went its difficult to say but she said I should hear in 6 to 8 weeks. Goodluck.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Carolla said:
    Hi I had my telephone assessment yesterday, I applied on the 15th of May, so nearly 15 weeks. I personally would of preferred face to face. Just have to wait and see. What I will say she asked questions that were not on the form and did not ask questions that I personally thought she should of, regarding mobility. Also time of appointments failed to call on Monday when appointment was made, I had to call up and change as I  had  Hospital appointment. Did not ring on time yesterday 55 minutes late. Be prepared notes etc make sure you emphasise how your condition affects quality of life. Know idea how it went its difficult to say but she said I should hear in 6 to 8 weeks. Goodluck.

HI and welcome,

The time to state how your conditions affect you was when you filled out the form, the more information you tell them the less chance you have of needing any telephone assessment. Giving real life exampes is also extremely helpful.

There's never enough of time to ask everything during these assessments, if they did then the backlogs would be even bigger than they already are.

Appointment times can go over, which means others are made waiting longer for that dreaded. This is perfectly normal and doesn't just happen with assessments for PIP, it happens with other appointments too. Unfortunately, this can't be helped.

If you live in the UK, wait a week and then ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

The timescale of 6-8 weeks that you were told is just a guide (they tell everyone the same thing) there's no timescales. It can be anything from 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Carolla
    Thanks for your reply. I will ring up in a couple of weeks and ask for a copy of the report. 
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Hi there I applied in feb has my telephone assessment in July and received my decision like over a week ago then my back pay followed rather quick . I actually got my back pay before my decision letter . 
  • Carolla
    Great stuff thanks for your reply.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.