Making Friends — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Making Friends

Sacha_Pearl
Sacha_Pearl Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi,

My name is Sacha and I would love to get to know you!

I'm 27 and suffer from anxiety and chronic pain. I love to go for little walks with my dog and be immersed in nature. I have lots of little hobbies. At the moment I'm sewing miniature dolls' clothes, making a viking inspired dress and cross stitching. I also love a good gruesome book about murder!

I'm looking for someone of any age and gender to speak to on a semi regular basis and perhaps share memes and a chat.

I hope you're all having a pleasant evening.

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there @Sacha_Pearl and welcome to the community :) 

How are you? 

Thank you for telling us about yourself, you certainly have some fascinating hobbies, how's the Viking inspired dress coming along? 

I'd recommend visiting our coffee lounge section which is where you'll find more fun and light hearted discussion, there's also a few games over there too!

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Sacha_Pearl
    Hi, thank you!

I'm well thanks, just figuring out my way around here. It's coming along slowly but surely.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll certainly try the coffee lounge.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sacha_Pearl - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining. I share the chronic pain, & a love of crime novels. Who is your favourite author, or do you have a few?
    Do look around the forum, as well as chat here. :)
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sacha_Pearl welcome to the community. I hope you make lots of friends here ?
    best wishes.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sacha_Pearl
    Hello @chiarieds! Thank you. My favourite author at the moment is Chuck Palahnuik. I love the horror! By looking at my bookcase anyone would think that I'm a Stephen King nut! As for crime and thrillers, I'm currently reading The ABC Murders by Agatha Christie. I tend to borrow my mother's books which are mostly Val Macdermid, Stuart Macbride and M.C Beaton. I have a love of Scottish authors and was lucky enough to read part of the Logan Mcrae series while holidaying in Stranraer. Experiencing the Scottish weather and landscape made reading the book quite magical. Who do you like to read?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sacha_Pearl - I haven't read any Chuck Palahnuik, I must admit, but that's where it's always interesting to see what others read. My favourite author is Robert Goddard; his books are often set in two time periods, the present & (differing) pasts, & so many twists in the plot. I've read all of Agatha Christie's books twice; The ABC Murders is good. Have you tried Margery Allingham, who was one of her contemporaries?
    I very much like Simon Beckett, whose 'David Hunter' books are about a forensic anthropologist. His first book in the series is 'The Chemistry of Death.' His 2nd book, 'Written in Bone' is set in the Outer Hebrides.
    I also like art world mysteries such that Iain Pears has written, & have also enjoyed some of his other books.
    I'm not a fan of horror tho! :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Sacha_Pearl! :) 
    Scope

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sacha_Pearl

Good Morning & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

@steve51
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Sacha_Pearl and a warm welcome to our community!!

How are you today?  Do you have anything nice planned?

Your hobbies are so diverse and interesting.  I am more of a crime documentary/podcast person myself.  You have given me ideas for future reading though :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sacha_Pearl Welcome to the community glad you have joined us and sharing all your favourite books with us

Im not really a novel reader but I am studying criminology at the moment so plenty for reading there

I look forward to seeing you around

Brightness