Hello, I need help filling out my PIP review form. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello, I need help filling out my PIP review form.

Options
delise1
delise1 Community member Posts: 55 Connected
Hello can anyone help i received my pip review form but I am not that great on filling out form can someone give a little help with this thanks 

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hello @delise1

I am sure between us we can help you out! Are there any particular bits you need help filling out?  

One word of advice I've learnt is that it's important to provide examples of how your impairment affects your ability to do each of the activities on the PIP form.  The descriptors in relation to activities can be found on this Citizens Advice webpage and you need to go into as much detail as possible about the difficulties you experience when completing them.  

I know it's tempting to write one sentence like, "I can't prepare food" but the assessor doesn't have prior insight into how your impairment personally affects you so take your time and be sure to provide description and examples where possible.   

The Disability Rights UK 'Guide to Making a Claim Form' might also be a good help.

Good luck!  :)

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,242 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Although it's a review form you should still treat it as a new claim and put as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you.

As @Cher_Scope has advised, added a couple of recent real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

If you need extra time to return the form you can ring DWP to ask for extra time.

Do be aware that face to face assessments are still suspended and telephone assessments have replaced these. Most people have them as paper based assessments are still rare.

Your payments will continue until a decision's been made on your claim providing you return the form on time.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • delise1
    Options
    Hi @Cher_Scope thanks for getting back to me but I need help with everything on the form thanks because I don't want to write the wrong information an the form 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,242 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's no such thing as wrong information.The only person that knows exactly how your conditions affect you is yourself. You are the best person to fill out the form.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • delise1
    Options
    Hi poppy123456 thanks for getting back to me i really appreciate it thanks again 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     @delise1 Welcome to the community glad you have joined us. I hope the advice given is helpful just to add take your time it isnt a race and completing the form is the most important party.

Also dont forget to keep a copy for your reference so you can refer to it for the assessment

Good luck with your review
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @delise1, how are you doing? Just wanted to see if there is anything else we can do to help. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.