Hi, my name is jojo7777 and I have a question about LCWRA. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is jojo7777 and I have a question about LCWRA.

jojo7777
jojo7777 Community member Posts: 39 Listener
edited September 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi,I first reported health change in 13/03/2020,and my first sick Note was 06/04/2020,I've been on uc since October 2020....I'm waiting for decision for lwrca,if I get awarded lwcra,will it b back dated...the day of the month I get paid my uc is 24th.thanks

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community

If you get awarded LCWRA it will be backdated to 4 assessment periods after submitting your first sick note as there is a waiting period

So if you sent your fit note 06/04/20  this was part way through your assessment period so that month wont count 

So May will be the first month , June, July and August so payment would start from September so there wont really be any back pay
  • jojo7777
  • jojo7777
    Sorry wouldn't April b the first month
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    No because April was when you handed in your first sick note and it has to cover the whole assessment period to be counted.

What are the dates of your assessment period ?
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jojo7777 and welcome to our online community.  

I can see @janer1967 is providing some helpful advice about your LCWRA.

In the meantime, I've moved your post to our Universal Credit discussion board so others can spot your question.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It will depend on when your assessment periods are. Although you reported the health condition on 13/03, you didn't actually send the fit note until 06/04.

The rules are "when you first reported a health condition" although you did report it, there was a delay in sending the fit note, whether that will go against you, i don't know. Although lockdown had started, this wasn't in place until 23rd March in England.

At the moment you need to wait for the decision on your work capability assessment because there's nothing you can do until that's been made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @jojo7777 :)
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • jojo7777
    I couldn't get to job centre to verify it as I couldn't walk,then they stopped any face to face at job centre in the 18th march,so my work coach accepted my fit notes
  • jojo7777
    I didn't even know that when u declare health condition,that by had to do for more same time,I wasn't told that
  • poppy123456
    You can't do anything until a decision's been made. Once it has if you need further advice please post back here.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    edited September 2020
    jojo7777 said:
    I didn't even know that when u declare health condition,that by had to do for more same time,I wasn't told that

Sorry but i'm not quite understanding you here.

May i ask what dates your assessment periods are? If you're not sure then what date exactly did you first claim UC?
  • jojo7777
    From the 18th to the 17th
  • jojo7777
    What I meant was I didn't know that wen u declare a health condition that u had to show fit  note at the same time,I wasn't aware
  • poppy123456
    Thanks. This means that if you are awarded LCWRA then the waiting period is 3 full assessment periods, then the LCWRA element is then paid from the 4th month, which will be as follows.

Feb 18th - March 17th doesn't count.

March 18th - April 17th 1 month
    April 18th - May 17th 2 months
    May 18th - June 17th 3 months.

LCWRA element will potentially start from June 18th - July 17th Owed
    July 18th - August 17th owed
    August 18th - September 17th owed

If they accept that gap between reporting the health condition and sending the fit note then you'll be owed 3 months, which will include this months money. If they don't accept the gap then it will be 2 months owed.

Have you had the assessment and now waiting the decision? or still waiting for the assessment?

• jojo7777
    had assessment over two weeks ago just waiting on decision...I have arthritis on both knees they lock and can't move them, I also have skeletalmuscular disease in both knees aswell,
  • jojo7777
    Not building hopes up,I probably won't even been awarded lcrwa,just have to wait and see,thanks

• poppy123456
    It's not awarded based on any diagnosis. It's how those condifitions affect your ability to do any type of work. Once the decision's been made the letter will be uploaded onto your journal.
  • jojo7777
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome.

If you live in th eUK you can request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likley to be because they mostly go with the report. You'll still need to wait for the decision though. If you do request it then take note of the LCW and LCWRA recommendations towards the back of the report. If you don't understand it then post back here and i'm sure someone will help you further.

Once the decision's been made if you're not happy then you'll have 1 month from that date to request the MR.
  • jojo7777
    Thanks,who do I ask for a copy of the report,universal credit,coz I called them last week and they told me to ring the assessor

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.