Really tough — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Really tough

harry01
harry01 Community member Posts: 217 Courageous
I feel this 'pelvic pain' is related to gingivitis. The pain is distinct and came on after a few years of it. 

There is a study linking this with rats. I know what I'm feeling and there is no way it's stress related. :( 

They have no respect for the impact this has on someone. There is no excuse. The health service has utterly failed. No man should be having to experience this. 

They need to hold their hands up and help. The evidence will come out and then it will be clear. They are not learning the lessons of history. Medicine is incomplete! They are basically working on blind prejudice at this point. 

Comments

• harry01
    This stuff is not really invisible. It has an explanation. It causes suffering. If you have no living quality, you have no life. 
  • harry01
    Noone should be allowed to get this. I hate those doctors. I really do. **** can happen to all of us. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2020
    Hi @harry01

I see that you posted early this morning.  Are you struggling to sleep with the pain?  :(

Non-visible impairments can be really misjudged and overlooked so your feelings are entirely understandable.  I'm sure we would all feel the same.

What do you have planned for today?  Maybe doing something you enjoy would help lift your mood and take your mind off the pain for a little while (easier said than done, I appreciate).  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Hi @harry01

I've replied to your other thread and I'm sorry it sounds like you are having a tough start to the day.  

Our team is about on/off all day to talk and our other members will be popping up soon!  Keep chatting to us and we'll support you through this.  

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • harry01
    Thanks Cher. It's the area I have pain. This pelvic pain (euphemism) that is intolerable and yeah you can't sleep.

Study linked gingivitis with pelvic function (euphemism) in rats. That is how it worked: gingivitis since 2017 and then the start of pelvic pain in 2018. 

If they knew about it they would be a bit faster to sort out my oral hygiene. There is a theory about low grade inflammation. That it damages the endothelial cells. 

I have had doctors dismiss this but I'm sorry you don't get this pain from stress. They can't claim every symptom under the sun to somataform disorder. 

Of the pain in my life it is the most agonising thing I've ever experienced. 
  • harry01
    They are cruel. They left me to get this. They let this happen.
  • harry01
    I can't handle this. I just didn't want this to happen. I never wanted to know I could lose my physical capacity and simultaneously be neglected. I didn't know this stuff could happen. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2020
    Hi @harry01, I imagine this is causing you so much frustrating! I can hear how upsetting this is for you, I'm sorry you haven't been supported more. Feeling let down is horrible.

I hope connecting with others who have experienced similar things will help. How have things been today?
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @harry01 I am sorry about hoe you are feeling and the pain you are in

Have you been referred to a pain clinic or thought of some alternative therapy like massage, acupuncture, hypnotherapy

Maybe try and find a holistic therapist 

I wish we could offer a solution to your pain but please know we are here to try and help
  • harry01
    @Chloe_Scope not good. I feel like I've lost my life. I don't enjoy anything. 
  • harry01
    @janer1967 persistent pain clinic thing. They e not shown an interest in what increased the pain and causes me more stress. I don't have any confidence in it whatsoever. 

They want to help then offer to physically help. Talk about how I can get some help. 
  • harry01
    I never had penile pain till 2018. I never had gingivitis till 2017. I don't have normal functional movement. Noone seems to understand this. When I injured my shoulder I was f***ed. I don't even understand why it hasn't healed vey well. 

There was no major bruising. I just don't understand any of this. 
  • harry01
    They were happy to make my life an experiment. I don't have any sympathy f or them. 

• Cher_Alumni
    Hi @harry01
    How are things today?  I hope you are having a better day  :)

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @harry01, I'm sorry to hear you feel like you have lost elements of your life. Disability, and pain, can really alter our lives. Have you been able to find new hobbies or interests that you would still be able to do? 

I hope you have a lovely weekend. :)
    Scope

• harry01
    @Chloe_Scope I've been forced to play computer games. 

I play the piano a bit and then I go for walks. 

@Cher_Scope Hanging in there. 
  • harry01
    I wish I could go back 6 years. Things were **** then but at least I hadn't injured my arm, didn't have the extra pains. The difference seems very large. 
  • harry01
    Haha if I trusted my instincts and got good feedback, I'd not be in this mess.
  • harry01
    What is it called when a series of events come together like this? So much for 21st century medicine. It's ****. 2014 I told these people and 2009 I joined the practice. What did they do? Came out in worse pain than I came in. 

Brightness