PIP Appeal Deadline — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Appeal Deadline

hengster
hengster Community member Posts: 19 Connected
Hellio,
I have decided i am going to make an appeal against my PIP mandatory reconsideration notice letter which is dated 7th August. It says i have 1 month from the date of 7th August to make an appeal (which i can do online). Would submitting my appeal online before midnight of 7th September be within the 1 month time period they have given? Or do i have to submit my appeal online by midnight of the 6th September?

Anyone with any knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated - as just having that monday 7th sept allows me to have working day to make some calls to get advice before i suhmit online.

many thanks

Rachel

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Completely ignore the 1 month deadline because it doesn't exist. You have 13 months to request the appeal. HMCTS never refuse an appeal request if it's outside the 1 month deadline.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hengster
    oh right. They do specify that if someone is unable to submit within 1 month then they must provide a reason why.
    DWP can object to the reasons specified for the appeal being late .....
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes indeed they can but HMCTS never refuses a request after the 1 month deadline. Remember HMCTS are not DWP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community @hengster glad you have joined us and I hope your appeal goes well and you get what you want.

Keep us updated on your outcome
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @hengster! How are you? Hope you're having a nice weekend :) 

Obviously the sooner you send your appeal back the better, so that you can hopefully get a successful outcome and then put the process behind you. 

Good luck with your claim, let us know how you get on :)  

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hengster! How are you getting on? :)
    Scope

• hengster
    Thank you to all of you who have posted on here so far. Appeal has been lodged online now. It was 1 hr late of being passed midnight of deadline date and gave my reasons why that was so. 
    So now going to gather more info in case i do end uo for a hearing but also waiting for dwp’s decision on my reasons for appeal. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for the update @hengster, best of luck with that :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.