financial grants help to buy furniture on benefits — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

financial grants help to buy furniture on benefits

Options
Rambo_69
Rambo_69 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
hi everyone can you help can anyone tell me if I
 am able to get help to furnish my home as my relationship has broken down and I have nothing as I am starting from scratch any help in this matter is most appreciated 

kindest regards Gary 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,656 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Rambo_69 hi Gary, have you tried "freegle" people offer all sorts of things for free, "gumtree" sometimes has free stuff or very low cost items, charity shops especially the big ones now sell furniture at good prices, depending on what if any benefits you claim you might be able to get a "budgeting loan", the salvation army also sometimes offer help with furnishing etc.
    Hope that helps
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,251 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I notice from another thread that you're claiming income related ESA, this means you can ask for a budgeting loan but it will need to be repaid back. If you're single (with no dependant children that you live with) then the maximum amount you can borrow is £348. This also needs to be repaid back from future benefit payments. https://www.gov.uk/budgeting-help-benefits/eligibility

Sometimes local councils have grants that help people on low income but this does depend on your local council and you will need to contact them to ask.

Facebook have freesite groups and people give away furniture sometimes, same with gumtree.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rambo_69
    Options
    Hi Poppy I'm meeting the housing officer Monday in my daughter's thanks for all your help 
    Regards Gary 
  • Rambo_69
    Options
    Hi Woodbine thanks for your help thank you 
    Regards Gary 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Rambo_69, please do let us know how you get on. :)
    Scope

Brightness