Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Hi, my name is MissB!

MissBMissB Member Posts: 12 Listener
Hello to everyone
It's my first time visiting the Discussions. I like to read other peoples perspectives and some of the info has been useful to me.
I have recently retired due to ill health and am alone due to Covid-19. Feeling a bit down now being on your own with nobody to talk to is sad! Just reaching out really for company and someone to bounce thoughts off. 

Replies

• steve51steve51 Member Posts: 7,175 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MissB

Good Afternoon & Welcome 😎

It’s great to meet you today 😎

You have come to the right place if you need any help/support 😎

Please please come back to me anytime😎

@steve51
  • leeCalleeCal Member Posts: 4,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MissB welcome to the community, it’s nice to ‘meet’ you. I’m semi retired myself, actually mor retired than anything, so I understand a bit about how it feels to lose e lifelong routine of work. That’s why it’s important to replace those routines with new ones if possible. Time to get back to some of those hobbies you never really had time for or wished you could do. Perhaps.
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,611

Scope community team

Welcome to the community @MissB, how are you today? 

I'm glad you've found information on the community useful and I'm thrilled that you've joined us and made your first post :) 

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling lonely at the moment, the pandemic has been very hard in that regard. 

Have you been able to form a support bubble with somebody from outside of your household like a friend or family member? That would enable somebody to come and visit you. And of course there's always virtual catch ups over the Internet, but they aren't to everyone's taste I admit. 

You've definitely come to the right place, this community is very supportive and a fun place to be. I'd recommend visiting the coffee lounge, that's where we play games and talk about more light hearted stuff! 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Posts: 4,417

Scope community team

Good afternoon @MissB and welcome to our online community.

It's fab to meet you.  How is your Monday going?  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @MissB :) 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,997 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community @MissB glad you have joined us and hope you enjoy being part of this great community

I look forwards to seeing you around
    Here to help with my experience in hunan resources and employment rights 
  • MissBMissB Member Posts: 12 Listener
    Thank you.........I'm sure I will  :smiley:
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 10,149 Disability Gamechanger
    May I add my welcome too @MissB - I hope you enjoy being part of this friendly & supportive community. Hope to see you around. Do try our virtual 'Coffee lounge' where people share their interests & hobbies + much more. :)
  • MissBMissB Member Posts: 12 Listener
    Thank you chiarieds and  I am sure once I get into the swing of things I will enjoy being here! 💚
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,653 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @MissB! How are you today?
    Scope

Sign in or join us to comment.