What TV shows did you watch growing up? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What TV shows did you watch growing up?

Comments

• RAwarrior
    RAwarrior Community member Posts: 430 Pioneering
    The High Chaparral.

Little House on the Prairie.

• RAwarrior
    Lassie

Bewitched

Tarzan

Opportunity Knocks
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2020
    Branded, gunsmoke and the Virginian were all good cowboy series. Cannon and the peter falk detectives were great USA imports. Rumple of the bailey. Black beauty. What about John pertwee as a talking scarecrow? Stig of the dump the caveboy. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• RAwarrior
    Colombo was brilliant ?
  • RAwarrior
    The Streets of San Francisco.

Secret Army

The Six Million Dollar Man.

The Bionic Woman 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    I must have watched quite a few westerns..... The Lone Ranger, Wagon Train & The High Chaparral. I also had a Man from U.N.C.L.E. revolver, which impressed my school friends...I was quite a tomboy, but really liked David McCallum as Illya Kuryakin; after Paul Newman he was my heartthrob! :)
  • RAwarrior
    The Love Boat

Fantasy Island

Captain Caveman 

Never the Twain

Robin’s Nest

On the Buses

Taxi

Happy Days

Petrocelli

Quincy

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    @OverlyAnxious, fairly odd parents!! I remember this! What a throwback.  :D

I also remember Totally Spies, Arthur, Rugrats, Little Bear and Mona the vampire. Good times.  <3
    Scope

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2020
    Woah @MobileGames What a list and walk down memory lane for me!

I'm an 80's kid and have fond memories of watching Finger Mouse and Words and Pictures as a little one.  Can anyone else remember the magic pencil?  

As I got a bit older I remember watching The Fun House (It's a whole lotta fun, prizes to be won!) and Mike and Angelo, until Byker Grove came along and I became a more mature, refined viewer  :D. They don't make them like they used to, do they?
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,585 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm not sure if Malcolm in the Middle counts as a kids programme but it's been re-run on Freeview 29 recently...I used to identify with Malcolm as a teenager...now I identify more with Hal!  :D

• OverlyAnxious
    Can anyone else remember the magic pencil?  
    Blimey, that one is a distant memory!  The teacher wheeling in the heavy old style TV on a rickety stand that looked like it would collapse at any moment...and then spending 20 minutes trying to work the VCR player!  :D

Not TV related but that wheeled stand has just reminded me of something else that was a primary school regular...the over-head projector!  I'll bet there are plenty on here too young to have ever seen one!  :D
  • RAwarrior
    Dallas

Falcon Crest

Dynasty
  • RAwarrior
    The Incredible Hulk

Highway to Heaven

Mork and Mindy

Fame

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @OverlyAnxious

You reminded me of this meme  :D

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2020
    @Cher_Scope hahaha :D

@OverlyAnxious I remember the OHP!!!  :D We also still had blackboards at my first school until they got replaced with posh white boards :D

Apparently now Smart boards are common :open_mouth:
  • OverlyAnxious
    edited September 2020
    66Mustang said:
    @Cher_Scope hahaha :D

@OverlyAnxious I remember the OHP!!!  :D We also still had blackboards at my first school until they got replaced with posh white boards :D

Apparently now Smart boards are common :open_mouth:
    There were still quite a few blackboards at my High School, alongside the whiteboards.  Even a couple of those 'rolling' blackboards in the oldest classrooms!

Every classroom there got a Smart Board around 2007...they were generally just fitted over the top of whiteboards though and half the teachers stuck with the side of the whiteboards and conventional drywipe pens.   :D
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,807 Disability Gamechanger
    All great shows, i've seen lots of the eighties ones mentioned, anyone remember the gerry anderson show Terrahawks, loved that, and voyage to the bottom of the sea, and thunderbirds, great shows also loved captain scarlet, gerry anderson shows were the best
  • RAwarrior
    The Fantastic Journey starring Roddy McDowell
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    So many great TV shows and so many ones that I'm hearing for the first time and learning about :) 

Anybody used to watch a show called Jungle Run that was on CITV? Just popped into my head now.
    Online Community Coordinator

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm not sure if Malcolm in the Middle counts as a kids programme but it's been re-run on Freeview 29 recently...I used to identify with Malcolm as a teenager...now I identify more with Hal!  :D

I used to love watching this @o@OverlyAnxious
    Scope

Brightness