Children are next to one another in class. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Children are next to one another in class.

Options
MobileGames
MobileGames Community member Posts: 123 Pioneering
edited September 2020 in Coffee lounge
Morning. I'm concerned about a relative that returned to school. Although all the children sanitise when entering and leaving,wear masks in communal areas such as the corridors and take their lunch with them due to the canteen being closed,their sat next to one another in class,without masks! How does that work???? There's already been a school in the UK shut because of a Covid 19 case. I'm really worried for their safety and that of the rest of their family,my vulnerable mum and my dad that I live with who are both over 70 and myself. They visited yesterday,relative and a parent. They didn't exactly keep their distance. ? Am I overreacting? Any advice please? Thank you. 

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't think you're over reacting, they should be keeping their distance, and ideally meeting outside.  All of your efforts are wasted if they're bringing contaminants in.

Schools are using a bubble system to reduce risk.  It's not safe as such.  If one kids gets infected, the whole classroom probably will.  The bubble system just means that it should be restricted to those 30 kids in that class, rather than all 500 kids across the whole school.  It's not safe, it's just managing the amount of risk.  I'm getting really fed up of hearing the word 'safe' on the news...the ONLY way to stay safe with regards to Corona is keeping 2m+ distance from all other people.  Anything else just reduces risk slightly.
  • MobileGames
    MobileGames Community member Posts: 123 Pioneering
    Options
    @OverlyAnxious. Thank you. Exactly. The relative came over with their child on Saturday and we had the couch as far away as possible,the coffee table in the middle and we were sat on separate seats socially distanced. The child came near my dad so their mum told them not to but my dad said "Oh,it's okay" No,it's not okay. I didn't shield them for 3 months for nothing. I don't wear a mask at my friends,if in town or when I go into a shop for nothing. This has really angered me. My mum and dad may be over 70 and I heard my dad say "Oh well,the risk is lower and we're old anyway." but I'm not old and I don't want to get it. And I don't want them to get it either. To be honest,I feel invalidated,disrespected, unappreciated and disappointed. ☹️? I feel like all my efforts are for nothing. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @MobileGames, I feel your frustrations and you are not over-reacting at all. Thank you for voicing this and I''m sure you're not alone in thinking this.
    Scope

Brightness