Pip phone assessment question — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip phone assessment question

unicornsarereal
unicornsarereal Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi all
so this is the first time applying for pip and anxiety is through the roof. I have my phone assessment this week and today the Assessor called me to confirm my appointment for latter in the week and to ask if I was ok have someone from dwp on the call. I asked what was the reason for this and she said something about them having to be assessed by dwp but it’s all a bit of a blur and I can’t find any information related to this kind of thing so I would be greatfull for any advise
thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,351 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I've never heard of anyone from DWP being in the call. Are you sure they asked this? The assessment process has nothing to do with DWP so i'm confused why they asked you this. If it was me then i'd ring the health assessment providers tomorrow morning and ask them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • unicornsarereal
    The assessor made it sound like they were assessing her or something? It’s really stressing me and and I am very confused so I will call them tomorrow morning. Thanks 
  • Minni69
    Minni69 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Evening, 
    For peace of mind your better ringing them and confirming the details like you say. 
    Good luck
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    When I had my ESA assessment someone sat in as the young lady doing it was being trained, the supervisor wasn't from the DWP though.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• unicornsarereal
    Hi all
    firstly thank you to all that commented with advise and support it was greatly appreciated. Just to update I did take the advise and call this morning and spoke to a lovely advisor who contacted the health care professional for me to clarify and they confirmed that the Dwp sometimes sit in on assessment calls to monitor and assess the health care professionals and has nothing to do with the person being assessed. She also said if it was causing me added anxiety that they would pick another call assessment with no impact to myself.
    it was such a relief to have it clarified. 

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad you got the clarification @unicornsarereal,best of luck with the assessment :) 

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,351 Disability Gamechanger
    I must admit, that's the first time i've ever known anyone from DWP to do this. The assessments are nothing to do with them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • meymay93
    meymay93 Scope Member Posts: 179 Connected
    edited September 2020
    Hi
    İ have pip assessment yesturday over telepfone they ask me medication side effect but i was panic i answer i dont know because i was panic <moderator removed - personal content> this any problem 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.