I’m in floods of tears advice please regarding a employers response to me et1 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I’m in floods of tears advice please regarding a employers response to me et1

Options
cupcake88
cupcake88 Posts: 1,284 Pioneering
edited September 2020 in Work and employment
Hi good morning 

sorry to bother every one but I’m feeling really like I need some support I can’barely breathe I’m in so many tears . As your aware I’m  currently  Taking a previous employer to tribunal for disability discrimination. I was told yesterday They wanted to make a settlement out of Court they messed about via acas Offering silly amounts we settled on a amount and they told acas they would draw some thing up but nothing is Signed as of yet . I received there et3 response today along with a email from tribunal telling me off for not  copying them into my emails well they blocked me back in may so I can’t email them . 

I also read there et3 and it’s full of lies I didn’t expect it to be nice but I didn’t expect lies and horrible things horrible . I rang my acas advisor in tears she was nice and said that maybe this isn’t for me if I’m getting so upset now your gonna be a public courtroom being cross examined when it comes to tribunal . 

I know what they have done is wrong and I know there liars they have made me out to be some sort of stalker by requesting documentation. Even after telling acas months ago that I wasn’t blocked they admitted they blocked me because I was harassing them which isn’t true . They have literally lied and left loads of stuff out . 

I don’t get how they want to make a settlement but then write such **** in there et3 . My acas advisor said until things are signed focus on your case . So that makes me think they were just playing games with me . 

I also was advised to email the judge and ask them what I’m to do as in they don’t want me to send them letters and they have blocked me by emails . 

I have every right to ask for documentation. 
Even tho I’m knocked down right now I’m strong and I’ll pull my self up . Is this the games they play . 
Tagged:

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @cupcake88

I'm sorry you have found hurtful content in the et3.  That must have been really difficult to read and I would have reacted the same myself.  This is a difficult process with lots of ups and downs so please remember to take care of yourself throughout it, your health needs to come first.  Have you calmed down a little now?  Do you have people to talk to?  

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • cupcake88
    Options
    Thank you so much I understand what every one is saying around me that my health first just like you @Cher_Scope and thank you for your kind words . But I know these fools are using my illness against me and I’m stronger than that . I know I have to think of my health but I’ll never forgives my self if I don’t make a stand . Certain parts of the et3 were horrendous I didn’t expect it to be all rainbows and bunny’s but I didn’t expect that x 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88 - I'm so sorry all this has understandably upset you. I'm lost off as to why your former employers have been like this whilst trying to settle out of court....it does make you think they are playing mind games, but the result of that could be to put a person's back up & decide to proceed to a tribunal any way.
    Only you can decide what to do together with your partner & ACAS advisor. Whatever you decide I'm sure you know that we will all support you. Don't let your former employers get to you; they're not worth it. Hope you feel a little better soon. :)
  • cupcake88
    Options
    Hi @chiarieds makes me think that they were just messing about yesterday just trying to test the wasters or get me to drop my case I think that was all **** yesterday  . So many people with disabilities are treated like this and I have had a enough it does scared me going up against a company in a  court but they dont have a solicitor even though they claim they do I believe her et3 was just quickly drafted up if they had a solicitor they would of been told  that Im entiled to send them over documentationthey are supposed to do the same  . 

Im preparing my response to there et3 for the pre hearing ..

I cant let them win I camt be;ieveI thought they were being reasonable yesterday it was all ****. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @cupcake88 Sorry to heat about the upsetting ET3  today but as you said it was never going to be nice.

It is their defence and they will try and do anything they can to dis credit you dont take it personal I know that is hard but that is their only defence

They probably have consulted a legal rep but they may just be advising rather than doing the letters for them

As nothing is signed and finalised with the out of court settlement the process will carry on and why they have submitted the ET3 to avoid any penalties. It doesnt mean the offer wont go ahead
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

I'm sorry this has upset you but i agree with others, it's their defence and it would have been odd if they had been nice with that defence. DWP are the same with a benefit Tribunal.

You have to put all of the to one side and think about your evidence.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness