PiP appeal - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PiP appeal

2»

Comments

• Lizzy30
    Lizzy30 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    @poppy123456 thats whats confused me as to why i have to reapply so soon. Ok thankyou 
  • Lizzy30
    Ohh no i just read your message again iv been waitin 16 months for the hole thing from the start, the appeal i started in Oct 2019. Sorry i read it wrong. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Lizzy30 said:
    @poppy123456 thats whats confused me as to why i have to reapply so soon. Ok thankyou 

It's because the Tribunal have only awarded you until May 2021.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    If you are unhappy with the length of the award you can challenge that alone without it impacting on the amount of any award. 

I would appreciate it if you can explain how to do that when a Tribunal made this decision?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Lizzy30
    The letter i had did say i could appeal it but it would be to a higher court or something like that?. Thankyou for replies. 
  • Lizzy30
    Could someone help me again please? Im benefit capped and told that i will be exempt from the cap once PIP is awarded, so the award starts from may last year, but the lady on my journal states im only exempt from when payments start? But iv just spoken to CAB and they believe i should get my bennefit cap backdated from the day my award started, meaning that UC should pay me back? Can anyone help with this please.
  • poppy123456
    The benefit cap will be lifted from the date your PIP is backdated to and not from when the Tribunal made the decision. Any money owed to you will be paid but you'll need to wait until the PIP award is in payment, which can be anything from 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer.
  • Lizzy30
    Ok thankyou, so as it will be from when i was awarded it last may? then Universal credits will back date the money taken for the cap from then? Because it would be alot of money which makes me think they wouldnt. Sorry for all the questions. 
  • poppy123456
    Yes, as previously advised, it's from the date the PIP award started.
  • Lizzy30
    Ok thankyou would i have to fight for this? 
  • poppy123456
    No problem. If you're owed it then they should pay it, once your PIP is in payment of course.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.