Mandatory reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mandatory reconsideration

river123
river123 Community member Posts: 107 Courageous
Hi I applied for pip but didn’t get an award as I only scored 6, I sent off for a MR 4 weeks ago and haven’t heard anything back just yet so I rang dwp today to see if they received all my documents I sent in and they said they have received it all 3 weeks ago and said on the 2nd of September it was passed over to a descion maker, Do you think I will hear something in the next week or so? 
Many thanks.. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

There's no timescales, i'm afraid. It's a little like saying "how long is a piece of string" A decision can take anything from 2 - 10 weeks, sometimes longer. All you can do is wait.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @river123  good luck with the outcome of your mandatory reconsideration.

Please let us know how you get on.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • river123
    Ok great thank you both 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @river123 these things never happened in a hurry and the current problems have only added to the time taken.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Minni69
    Minni69 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Everything is taking longer at the minute due to the pandemic. 
    Good luck with your mandatory reconsideration, keep us posted, 
    Take care Minni69
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @river123 I would give it a few more weeks before you expect a reply though you could be surprised and get something quick

Let us know how you get on
  • depressedmum09
    depressedmum09 Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
    @river123
    I have also done an MR. I done mine the 1st week in august. Ive just had a phone call from the DWP confirming a few details and said they have made a decision. They have awarded me enhanced on both and i will receive any money I am owed on Friday and the letter will be in the post. 
    I already had an award for standard on daily living (11 points) 0 for mobility. Hang on in there.
    I am over the moon its now all over. My award is until 2024 xxx
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @depressedmum09 Brilliant news, thank you for letting us know.  You must be so relieved  :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • river123
    @depressedmum09
    Aw that’s brill news and such a good outcome on just an MR.. if you don’t mind me asking what area are in? As I think it’s all different for different areas, I’m in Manchester and I’ve been told my MR is with the Blackpool team.. I think it was the 14th August when I asked for MR so shouldnt be too long hopefully. Glad you got the outcome you wanted x 
  • river123
    I have rang dwp up this morning and apparently a decision has been made yesterday at half 3 but it doesn’t say what the decision is on the system as of yet as it’s waiting for someone to finalise the decision 
  • river123
    They have said it will be done today or tomorrow..
  • poppy123456
    It can take 24 hours for them to be able to see the decision. Maybe ring back later today or early tomorrow morning and they'll be able to see it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • river123
  • river123
    So I’ve rang dwp back and apparently there is no decision as of yet but he told me it is awaiting on management, 
    so he said that it only waits for management if there is an award to be signed off. Fingers crossed he could be right and I may well get an award x
  • poppy123456
    Very strange, yesterday you were told a decision's been made and today you were told it hasn't..
  • river123
    It was this morning I was told a descion was made yesterday at half 3 but when I spoke to them this morning they said a descion was made but it wasn’t on the system what the decision was, so I’ve rang up at half 4 today and I was told a descion has been made but still isn’t on the system on what the outcome is but apparently it has on the system awaiting management sign off.. so he said it only had waiting management when it’s and award that is coming my way.
  • poppy123456
    It takes 24 hours to show on the system and until then they won't be able to see it.
  • river123
    It’s been over 24 hours as the decision was apparently made at half 3 yesterday. Hopefully it may be on the system tomorrow 
  • river123
    Spoke to dwp and I’ve been awarded, back pay is going in my bank next Wednesday and my award is for 3 years.. happy days

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.