Told to complete PIP application online — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Told to complete PIP application online

OnlinePIP
OnlinePIP Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi

I've scoured the internet for answers but can't seem to find anyone else in my situation.

I applied for PIP today by calling the number provided and after a good 45 minutes of being on hold I went through the very robotic Q&A for the basic questions regarding my application and was then asked for my email and told that I should fill my PIP application online and attach evidence online too and that the instructions will be received in an email (Which is yet to come through).

Is this some brand new feature? Has anyone else experienced the online PIP application?

This seems significantly easier to complete so hopefully this is the new normal for PIP applications. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I'm not sure why you were told this because it's not possible to fill out the form online. They always send the PIP2 form out by post and you receive it within the next 10 days or so.

See link for confirmation. https://www.gov.uk/pip/how-to-claim

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    edited September 2020
    Hello @OnlinePIP. I agree it does seem like a much simpler process (on the surface at least). Although it sadly doesn't yet address the issue of having to call them in the first place and sit in a queue for hours!
    Sadly they're not always checking that it's the best process for those selected either. I'm aware of a couple of cases where the claimant has neither regular internet access or anything other than an old smart phone to complete the form on.

@Poppy123456, a small number of claimants are testing an online claim process for PIP. They are sent a link to download the claim form and then another link to upload both the form and any evidence. The form is identical to the paper application form, but is all completed online. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    @Adrian_Scope ah thanks for that. Yes, that will be interesting to see how that works.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @OnlinePIP :) 

I agree that it'll be interesting to see how the online application works, it could make the process more accessible for those who struggle with paper forms.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Woe this will be interesting and potentially could cut down the waiting time a little as no waiting for sending out forms

It does surprise me the DWP are so behind the times and dont use more online services and emails 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    That’s really interesting @Username_removed. Do you know when the Pilot was supposed to end? 
    I’m aware of a claimant who received it this way recently (return date was for this week) and the downloadable form and website are all still there and active.

They tried to claim by phone in the usual way and were sent it by email instead. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.