Pip appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip appeal

Stan23
Stan23 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
If I opted into attend appeal tribunal does that mean with all this going on covid-19 etc there still continuing with them yes?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,320 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

Face to face hearings are currently suspended. Telephone hearings have replaced these if a decision can't be made on paper. Of course it does depend on when your hearing is taking place, average waiting times are about 32 weeks, depending on where you are.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    Your question was also answered here on your other thread. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/73802/appeal-process#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Stan23
    Ok so I definitely won't be attending in oerson, sorry I'm just confused ATM. Also will my payments conti he to be paid fro m awards on pip I have now even though I lodged my appeal today?
  • Stan23
    @poppy123456 sorry I didn't quite understand it but thanks for replying poppy. I've been through a lot lately been a tough process.
  • poppy123456
    edited September 2020
    If you currently have a PIP award in place then yes your payments will continue to made as normal. If you don't have an award then there's nothing to pay you.

As you only requested the Tribunal today then you'll have quite a few months to wait for a hearing date and things could change then. At the moment face to face hearings are suspended. You'll just need to wait to see what's happening once you get your date.

Are you getting some help with the Tribunal process? If not then start here. https://advicelocal.uk/find-an-adviser

• Stan23
    @poppy123456 yes I am so thank you that's what I needed to no I aopreaite your response. I'm going to click the link and hopefully get an adviser to help me, thanks again.
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.