Appeal process — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appeal process

Stan23
Stan23 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
Hi Everyone, I'm new here just wanted some advice if you can help? So I was awarded pip march this year for my mental health I'll try keep it short but basically dwp only awarded me the daily living component and nothing else. So I asked for a mandatory reconsideration about not receiving mobility, they fhen awarded me mobility but the lower rate. I was told I should appeal this as I should receive the enhanced rate, has anyone on here in similar situation ? Also I have appealed now are tribunals only doing phonecalls or can you actually attend. Thanks for reading. 
Stan.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Face to face hearings are currently suspended. Telephone hearings have replaced them. If they can't make a decision based on paper alone then a telephone hearing is possible but this will depend whether they are still suspended when you receive your date. Current waiting times for hearing is average 32 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community there are lots members here in a similar position maybe look in the PIP section to read others

All hearings are currently paper based or telephone if they cant make a decision based on paper evidence you will be sent a date for phone hearing 
     This may change though due to covid 
  • Stan23
    @Username_removed hi, thanks for letting me no that. I opted into attending my hearing but now I've actually thought of it my anxiety is already sending me crazy. Do you know if I can change this as I don't think I'm up to attending it?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Username_removed that's interesting to hear lets see how many will be heard f2f 
    When you get a date for the tribunal it will tell you if it is a phone appeal or a f2f an d you can then decide 

It is a higher success rate for attending in person or on the phone 
  • Stan23
    @Username_removed thanks for the reply, I'm curious to no if there's anyone on here I the same boat as me? Appealing to tribunal with mental health aswell?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    I believe we do have quite a few members yes but you really can't compare someone else to yourself because we're all affected differently by these conditions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Stan23
    @poppy123456 I totally understand, in I'm just abit all over the place ATM my anxiety a goi and crazy thinkin abou the how long this p to cess is going to take me etc☹️

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.