Successful pip award — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Successful pip award

Options
Sunnyside60
Sunnyside60 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
edited September 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone. I received my brown envelope with the assessment report. I’ve added up the scores and it looks like I’ll be awarded the basic daily living and enhanced mobility. It’s spot on and what I feel I deserve. Now I’m waiting for the actual award letter to confirm. I know the DWP can change it but I’m sure they won’t as the assessors reasoning is excellent.
I’m really pleased as I filled out the form myself after researching how to do it properly on this forum. I was not going to try to claim as I have read so many unsuccessful stories on many different forums. I decided to try anyway with the attitude of “great if I get it and Oh well, if I don’t.” I think that attitude kept the stress to a reasonable level. 
So good luck to everyone who is waiting for anything pip related! 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It's good to hear the report was truthful. There's so many bad stories out there and hearing a possitive one is always great. Don't celebrate just yet though because the report is just a recommendation. It has been known for them to go against it but it's rare for this to happen.

There's no timescales for any decision and all you can do now is wait. Hopefully not too long.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ernie2009
    ernie2009 Community member Posts: 167 Pioneering
    Options
    fantastic news sunnyside60 and well done you. nice to hear good news.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news in the report and thanks for sharing 

Fingers crossed they go with the report and glad you used the forum to help you with the application 
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,286 Pioneering
    Options
    Thats really amazing news well done . I hope you get what your entitled too 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Excellent news @Sunnyside60 I'm glad the forum could help you get a fair PIP outcome  :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.