What TV shows did you watch growing up? - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What TV shows did you watch growing up?

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    The zoo gang. Daktari. Adventures of tin tin. Torchy the battery boy.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Jaanu38
    Jaanu38 Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
    I enjoyed watching Hartley Hare, Playschool, Wacky Races, Thunderbirds, Rainbow, King Rollo, Mr Benn, Bagpuss and The Jetsons. I also loved Mind Your Language, Desmonds, Love Thy Neighbour,  Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em and It Ain't 'Alf Hot Mum!!
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    I'm going back a long way
    Does anyone remember Bill and Ben. The flower pot men.?

Alias Smith and Jones. I loved that ?
  • leeCal
    edited September 2020
    @Dragonslayer I remember bill and Ben, as I say the earliest ones I remember are Noddy, Twizzle, Torchy the battery boy, Andy pandy and Lulu, and muffin the mule with Muriel young. I was about three and four years old.

much later I enjoyed Citizen Smith and the Lovers, and the likely lads, and Budgie with bIlly Fury.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Dragonslayer
    @leeCal I'm pleased to hear someone other than myself remembers Bill and Ben. We must be around the same age.
    I also loved the other shows you mention as well.
    Some other oldies I remember

Space 1999
    Blakes Seven
    Sapphire and Steel
    Z Cars
    The Professionals
    The Sweeney 

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @Ross_Scope,  
                                  This is a great thread, thanks for starting it :) I remember the Teletubbies with the face in the sun and for some reason I loved the hover (The Noo Noo) but I don't know why and my love of hovers has definitely not carried on into adulthood :) I also remember the  Tweenies fondly and favourite was Jake as well as the dogs Doddle and Izzles. As I got older I enjoyed Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Robot Wars. I also remember Art Attack. Thank you. 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    WestHam06 said:
    As I got older I enjoyed Fresh Prince of Bel Air 
    I think most 90's kids can probably still remember the song word for word!   

West Philadelphia born and raised...  :D
  • Jaanu38
    Oh yes...Fresh Prince, Dallas,  Dynasty, Nancy Drew, Blakes Seven, Dukes of Hazzard, Automan, Laurel and Hardy, Harold Lloyd, Sabrina, and the one with the witch who wriggled her nose!
  • leeCal
    the one with the witch who wriggled her nose!
    Bewitched ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Jaanu38
    I forgot Just William!! Pure classic gold!
  • Jaanu38
    Oh wow! Bewitched! Yes of oourse! Thank you! Also, a lot of the ones others have mentioned here... brings back so many lovely childhood memories! Especially Fame, Mork and Mindy, I also loved George and Mildred, Terry and June, Duty Free, but my all time fave American one has to be Happy Days!!
  • OverlyAnxious
    Anyone else watch Ground Force or Changing Rooms in the late 90s?  Apparently they're not usual viewing for an under 10 year old!  :o  :D
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @OverlyAnxious
                                    Completely agree, most of me and my friends can remember the words to the song, one of my favourites :) I have to say I think I remember Ground Force, please may I ask, was that the one with Charlie and Tommy? Thank you.  
  • leeCal
    Not to mention Alan titchmarsh and his herbacious borders. Or Larry Grayson ‘shut that door’.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• OverlyAnxious
    WestHam06 said:
    Hi @OverlyAnxious
                                    Completely agree, most of me and my friends can remember the words to the song, one of my favourites :) I have to say I think I remember Ground Force, please may I ask, was that the one with Charlie and Tommy? Thank you.  
    Yes, that's the one!  It started with just Alan Titchmarsh but they quickly realised they needed more help in the timescle that they had.  They just walked around locally looking for more people.  Tommy was a builder and Charlie was a librarian nearby...  They then became part of the show permanently!
  • OverlyAnxious
    One show I haven't seen mentioned so far is You've Been Framed...I'm guessing a lot of you would have watched it?

I was subjected to it every weekend and absolutely hated it!  Lots of people hurting themselves or others, plus children and animals leaking from every possible orifice.  I never did see the funny side of it!!  :#
  • leeCal
    @OverlyAnxious I’m old enough to remember the forerunner of you’ve been framed which was candid camera, later there was Beatles about with Jeremy Beadle , then you’ve been framed. 

Esther Rantzen was in something too, was it that was the week that was? Nationwide was on every night as well, a news program.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• leeCal
    Noel Edmunds was in something every Saturday night. ‘Tis was. Pans people. Blankety blank. The generation game. What a lot of tv I watched.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Dragonslayer
    The Prsioner. The one with the 'bouncing' ball?
    Did anyone really understand it?
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Takeshi’s Castle!

Brightness