Universal Credit & PiP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal Credit & PiP

Options
MissB
MissB Community member Posts: 12 Listener
I have recently been awarded PiP. Could anyone please tell me if I should be declaring this to UC under 'Change of Circumstances'? Thank you.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @MissB you do not need to report this as a change receiving PIP does not affect your UC 
  • MissB
    Options
    Thank you janer1967 this has been bothering me for a few days. I was worried they would sanction my UC payment or stop paying it. That's a worry off my mind. Thanks again.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,047 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

It maybe worth you still mentioning the PIP award on your journal. If you are under 35 and live alone and you're claiming the housing element of UC then a PIP daily living award will mean that you're entitled to the 1 bedroom rate of local housing allowance, rather than the shared rate.

Also if you're affected by the benefit cap then a PIP award means that you'll no longer be affected by this.

If you're living with a partner then they could also claim the carers element of UC providing you have a daily living award for PIP and they look after you for at least 35 hours per week.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MissB
    Options
    Thank you poppy for all the infoI am a lot older than 35 and do not have a partner. 

I have read a lot of your replies online and the information you have given to others has been most helpful to me too. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,047 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You're welcome. Thank you for the kind words! The benefit cap may still have applied to you before you were awarded PIP, so it's still worth reporting the award on your journal.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MissB
    Options
    OK Thanks..........

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.