GOOD NEWS ? Had a phone call today — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

GOOD NEWS ? Had a phone call today

Debbie1234
Debbie1234 Community member Posts: 183 Courageous
edited September 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello all ?
I would just like to tell you that DWP had until 14th September to respond to my appeal and today I had a phone call to say I have been awarded daily standard living 11 points and standard mobility 10 points. I am very happy indeed ? considering in April after my phone assessment I was awarded 0 points for mobility and 2 points for daily living. I won the mandatory reconsideration and was awarded daily living, but I still felt I deserved a little mobility too because of my illness. Everyone on here gave me the confidence to appeal and made me realise I had nothing to lose. Please if you feel that you have been unjustly judged and you haven't got the outcome you feel you deserve don't give up. After a long tear jerking battle, I can now rest easy for 3 years thank you to this wonderful site ?
Tagged:

Comments

• ernie2009
    ernie2009 Community member Posts: 167 Pioneering
    a BIG well done debbie and the same to all who helped you. enjoy your day now and hopefully its sunny where you are.
  • Debbie1234
    A huge thank you to Poppy, Chloe, Mike and everyone else...
    it is sunny here, but I haven't been able to leave my home for a while. I am happy at least and watching some tv. I hope you are having a nice day Ernie and thank you for commenting. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    That's great news. If you still think you're entitled to a higher award you can take that award and then appeal at a later date. This is something DWP never tell people. Usually when DWP offer an award they will offer you something lower than what you could be entitled to.

You will need to request the Tribunal again though and the time starts from your 2nd request.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations @Debbie1234 ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news time to relax n8w 
  • Debbie1234
    Hi Poppy ?
    you were one of the people that gave me the confidence and courage to go for my appeal and I really thank you. I do feel I should of been awarded 12 points as I can't and won't leave the house alone and the dwp lady told me today that my doctor backed that up and has seen me have my panic attacks etc... when I attempt to leave the house. I can't take any journey familiar or unfamiliar alone. I was hoping for a slightly longer award as going through these assessments makes me poorly and suicidal. I have been on esa for 12 years through my illness. She said she couldn't Extend my award any longer because my circumstances could change she actually said if there was somebody with one leg their circumstances wouldn't change but mine called so she didn't want to give me a longer report. I honestly would want to fight it because I feel I deserve the higher rate but that would be three times and I think that may go against me if I got to a court tribunal. I also don't think I have the energy but thank you so much for suggesting that x
  • Debbie1234
    LeeCal thank you ☺️ 
  • Debbie1234
    Poppy123456 you are right! She never mentioned that to me. Do I have a certain time to appeal again? A month?
  • poppy123456
    edited September 2020
    You have 13 months to request the Tribunal. It's not a court, It's a Tribunal and you're not on trial there. It doesn't matter how many times you request it, it doesn't go against you.

You can also ask for a longer award length. If you don't ask chances are they will constantly give you a shorter award length.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Debbie1234
    Thank you Poppy for all your invaluable advice ?
    I will have a think about it. Do I put in for the appeal the same way then? 
  • janer1967
    Hi @Debbie1234 Just wanted to say I have only 1 leg and only got a 5 year award maybe they think I will be a miracle case and it will grow back
  • Comicmadtitan
    Comicmadtitan Community member Posts: 67 Courageous
  • Debbie1234
    Janer1967.... that is awful really because they have basically lied on that account too! I still stand by my original thoughts, the majority of them have no compassion whatsoever and it seems like they love having the power over peoples lives. It is such a sad world we live in It really is 
  • janer1967
    Tbh I was quite pleased as first time I only got 2 years 
    Nothing will change they know I cant use a prosthetic leg either but think they like to make us earn our benefits by putting us through the process

But must admit I was awarded both times with no issues and my review didn't have to have an assessment 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news, congratulations @Debbie1234 :) You watching anything good on TV? Treat yourself tonight!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. Yes, request the Tribunal the same way you did the first time.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Amazing news @Debbie1234, so happy for you!  <3
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.