hi can anyone help with my pip appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

hi can anyone help with my pip appeal

Options
mk2000
mk2000 Community member Posts: 57 Connected
hi i recived standard for pip and no motability so I have sent a letter explaining why I think I should of got it and example I sent this last week asking for a mandatory reconsideration can anyone jelp me with how long this takes or how long till I hear back and what actually will happen now thank you

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi it can take a while I think between 2 -8 weeks 

You will get a letter when a decision has been made which will tell you if your award has been changed or hit and they will respond with the reasoning for the decision based on your points of appeal 
  • mk2000
    Options
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,200 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    To be honest, there's no timescales. It's a bit like asking how long is a piece of string. Hopefully not too long.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mk2000
    Options
    Haha thanks @poppy123456 what will happen when they receive my letter though will they send a letter back
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,200 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Once the decision's been made you'll receive a letter. If the decision doesn't change then Tribunal is the next step.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mk2000
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.