Hi, my name is shesfifty! I've just received my PIP form, but I'm lost as to what to put — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is shesfifty! I've just received my PIP form, but I'm lost as to what to put

shesfifty
shesfifty Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
good afternoon, Ive just recieved my PIP form to fill in but lost what to put, would be greatful for any help. thankyou

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @shesfifty! I'm glad you've found us :) 

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into the PIP category so that our members can find and answer your post more easily. 

It might also help our members to help you if you explain a little bit more about your situation, including which part of the form you're finding difficult to fill in, and what your circumstances are.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

You should put as much relevant information as possible about how your conditions affect you Then add a couple of recent real work examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Also stating who was with you, where you were and exactly what happened.

Do a little at a time and use extra sheets of paper but make sure you add your name and NI number to everything you send.

If you don't have enough time then ring DWP to ask for an extension in returning it. Make sure though that you allow for the time in which it takes for DWP to receive it back, which can be anything up to 10 days for it to be added to the computer and just ask for proof of posting from the post office, which is free.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @welcome @shesfifty Glad you have joined us here and that you have been given some great advice.

You may want to look through our PIP section as there are lots of other posts on there too which may help you

Good luck with your claim and ley us know how you get on
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @shesfifty, how are you today? You might find this page that explains the PIP descriptors helpful. :)
    Scope

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @shesfifty - & welcome to the community. I hope you find the advice above helpful, & do look at the link Chloe has given. If you have any further questions about the form, please say. :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.