PIP Review. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Review.

Options
Mollmolls2010
Mollmolls2010 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi there everyone,
I was just after a bit of advice. My PIP award was due to be up for review around June 2020, six months before the end date. However, I received a letter saying that due to Covid they had extended my award to next May ( 2021). I was a little startled then to receive the dreaded envelope  saying they are now going to review my award and that I have 28 days to return to them. Slightly irritating is that the letter is dated as 11th September and I didn't receive it until the 21st ., so it's made me anxious as to completing the forms quickly so it gets back to them in time. I am worrying if it takes that long to send, will it take that long to arrive? I was just wondering has this happened to anyone else after they've had their award extended? 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community

This is now happening they are catching up with those whose award was due to end so dont worry

If you are concerned about meeting the deadline then give them a call and explain. It does take a while for them to receive it as it isnt marked as arrived till it is scanned onto their system ands this can take a while

When I sent mine off before the pandemic it took 3 weeks to get scanned on after I had sent it

Assessments are still taking place over the phone and in rare occasions paper based but f2f are still suspended

Good luck keep us updated
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

Just because they extended your award it doesn't mean that you wouldn't have been reviewed, that was always still going to happen.

You can ring DWP to ask for an extension to return the form.

When filling out the form you should put as much relevant information as possible about how your conditions affect you. Don't just put "no change" if there's no change because this definitely isn't going to help your claim. Regardless of the review, you shoudl treat it as a new claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,631 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can phone them and ask for a 14 day extension which they will give without question, but as above you should return it about 10 days before its due, when posting it back just get proof of posting as registered post etc doesn't help. also if you can photo-copy the relevant pages for future reference.
    Good luck
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Mollmolls2010
    Options
    Thank you all, that's very helpful info. I shall definitely give them a call, and get a 14 day extension. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Mollmolls2010 - I'm just adding my welcome to the community, as I see you've already had good advice. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Mollmolls2010 :) I'm glad you were able to get some useful advice here. I look forward to seeing you around!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Mollmolls2010
    Options
    Hi there everyone. Just a quick update. I have had my award reviewed. I am happy to say, my PIP is going to be continuing at the same rate, as well as the time being increased to a six year award. I am very relieved. I know it sounds silly but I spiral into horrible stomach churning anxiety when having to deal with things like this, and it makes everything a little harder to cope with.  Thank you for the advice given, and the moral support. I hope to join in a little more on the forums, but haven't been in the right frame of mind, but am feeling a little bit more of my old self now. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news @Mollmolls2010 :) Thank you for letting us know. It doesn't sound silly to say that at all, a lot of people find it a stressful experience. We all really look forward to seeing you around on the community more whenever you're ready. Give us a shout if you ever need any help finding your way around!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you for updating us with your good news @Mollmolls2010 - & a 6 year award sounds great, so congratulations! Pleased you're feeling a little more like your old self. Do join in with the forum more, & your positive PIP result will help others. :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for the update @Mollmolls2010, and welcome to the community :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Mollmolls2010
    Options
    I forgot to add, the decision was based on just the paperwork , I didn't have a telephone appointment . If it's helpful to others I followed the advice  given of really treating the form like it was a new claim, and gave an example of day to day life for each question. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing @Mollmolls2010, I'm sure others will find that very helpful indeed :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Mollmolls2010

Hope to see you around more  Great news and thanks for sharing with us, my review was exactly the same just filled in the form, got a quick phone call you ask couple questions and got a higher award for 6 years

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.