What is the best place you've ever visited? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What is the best place you've ever visited?

2»

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Sydney harbour is nice.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    My Hong Kong experience was a once in a lifetime event never to be forgotten. @Tori_Scope
    There are many memories of being there and stories to tell.
    Maybe one day I will go back. 

But like many of lives experiences it is hard to revisit them. For they come when we least expect fhem.

We have to grasp them as they arise.
    Or miss them at our peril. 

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2020
    Great words @Dragonslayer! I have definitely passed up on opportunities in the past due to fear, so maybe I should take the plunge in the future when things have hopefully settled a bit more :)
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • leeCal
    edited September 2020
    As far as fear is concerned. In the absence of a clear and present danger, the only thing present is fear @Tori_Scope, however common sense must prevail. There seems to be tendency to feel that the world is a playground just waiting to be explored by some, well in a way it is but it has very dangerous areas as well. If I was planning a trip abroad I’d be doing a lot of background checking. In fact that applies to any new venture I undertake. I don’t like gambling when the stakes are potentially high but I don’t mind taking a calculated risk when the odds are in my favour.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for the very sound advice @leeCal! I would definitely take the time to plan a trip thoroughly before setting off. I'm not a gambler at all :D There's nothing wrong with taking a calculated risk, though.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    I was lucky enough to visit Croatia in 2018 and it was absolutely beautiful, especially Dubrovnik with its marble floors and all the stray cats looked after by the locals.  

I also have fond memories of Fistral beach in Newquay and, after this last weekend, Penbryn beach in Cardigan Bay.  The UK has lots of hidden beauty spots which continually surprise you! 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • leeCal
    Did you see any bottle nosed dolphins in cardigan bay @Cher_Scope?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @leeCal I did in the water's distance in Newquay! Also at Penbryn there was a sign saying they normally had seal pups on the beach but I didn't spot any.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I love Newquay @Cher_Scope! Such a great place. :)
    Scope

Brightness