Loss of my dog — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Loss of my dog

BOOKIE68
BOOKIE68 Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
I rrcently had to have my beloved chihuahua UKIE put to sleep due to a collapsed tracular, she was gifted to me by my mum 6 months before my mum passed away from cancer, I suffer from depression anxiety and chronic fibromyalgia, UKIE saw me through the darkest days of my life and now she has gone , she was only 7 years old and I'm absolutely grief stricken, she really was the light of my life, having no children, no friends just my husband who is my full time career, I'm totally lost , I can't even afford to purchase another one due to being on benefits Also the price of puppies has gone through the roof due to covid, we do own another little chihuahua cheche, she is beautiful bless and I love her dearly but she's not UKIE, my bond with her was so strong we were best buddies she was my little shadow and I'm blindsided by grief, just to be able to talk to someone on here would be wonderful, I've never felt as low as I do right now, I've cried an ocean and the tears still flow! Breeders don't realise the pain and heartache they can cause due to trying to breed the perfect looking dog , the complications that come along with a perfect looking dog can be horrendous. Not only did UKIE have a collapsed tracular her tongue was far too large for such a tiny skull , this caused terrible breathing problems also , to look at her she was the most beautiful looking apple head chihuahua but behind her looks was awful complications, I really am devastated. Thank you for reading this post 
Lynda X ?

Comments

• BOOKIE68
    I rrcently had to have my beloved chihuahua UKIE put to sleep due to a collapsed tracular, she was gifted to me by my mum 6 months before my mum passed away from cancer, I suffer from depression anxiety and chronic fibromyalgia, UKIE saw me through the darkest days of my life and now she has gone , she was only 7 years old and I'm absolutely grief stricken, she really was the light of my life, having no children, no friends just my husband who is my full time career, I'm totally lost , I can't even afford to purchase another one due to being on benefits Also the price of puppies has gone through the roof due to covid, we do own another little chihuahua cheche, she is beautiful bless and I love her dearly but she's not UKIE, my bond with her was so strong we were best buddies she was my little shadow and I'm blindsided by grief, just to be able to talk to someone on here would be wonderful, I've never felt as low as I do right now, I've cried an ocean and the tears still flow! Breeders don't realise the pain and heartache they can cause due to trying to breed the perfect looking dog , the complications that come along with a perfect looking dog can be horrendous. Not only did UKIE have a collapsed tracular her tongue was far too large for such a tiny skull , this caused terrible breathing problems also , to look at her she was the most beautiful looking apple head chihuahua but behind her looks was awful complications, I really am devastated. Thank you for reading this post 
    Lynda X ?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2020
    @BOOKIE68 Aww, a huge virtual hug to you  <3

What you have said has really pulled at my heart strings and I completely get it.  I have three cats and the thought of my oldest passing away just breaks my heart.  You talk to us all you want about Ukie.  She sounded like a blessing who brought a lot of joy to your life and your grief is absolutely natural.  I'm so sorry.

Would you consider adopting a dog from a local animal rescue centre?  It's one option to think about.  

Hope you are feeling a bit better this morning.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • BOOKIE68
    Hi , thank you so much for your lovely message ? I really appreciate your reply, yes ukie really was an absolute blessing she was my world and I am totally lost without her , my heart is shattered , not only have a lost my best friend i also feel that the last link to my mum has also gone especially because my mum gifted her to me before she passed away, all I do is cry even whist I write back to you ! She slept on my pillow every night or she was snuggled into my neck , I am finding life very hard now , I'm completely lost, it just wasn't meant to be this way , I had hoped we would grow old together after all chihuahua's are supposed to live up to a ripe old age, for her breed she was exceptionally young , ukie just made life right she filled all that was so empty in it if you no what I mean, I am finding it so difficult to deal with the grief , I am a huge believer in the spiritual sence and I no when its right she will point me off in the right direction, I have put my name down on nemorous rescue centres but their waiting lists apparently are huge due to the high demand of people wanting to have a dog, I just hope that if any breeders should read this then they will think twice about breeding these perfect looking babies because they don't realise the pain and heartache they cause when they die young due to heredity complications , I too totally understand your pain at the thought of losing your beloved cat , they are more than just a pet , they are your family who mean the world especially to people who do have disabilities and don't go out ECT.. 
    I thank you once again from the bottom of my heart for your reply, to take the time to send a message to me was so kind X 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2020
    No problem @BOOKIE68 I can feel your pain through your words :(   Pets definitely are more than just animals, they are our family and friends.  I talk to my cats like they are people and they sit with me whenever I'm sad like they understand.

I completely agree that breeders need to be more careful to avoid sad stories like yours.  I hope you have photos of Ukie to look at, and I'm glad you have memories and she reminded you of your lovely mum.  Time heals and I'm here if you ever want to chat. 

Be kind to yourself  <3
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so sorry to hear this @BOOKIE68 :( It's totally understandable that you'd be feeling so low about it. No dog will ever replace her, but I hope that you can adopt a new family member from a rescue centre soon.

Would you like to share any more stories about Ukie? Remembering and talking about the good times you had together can sometimes help :)
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @BOOKIE68 Welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear of your loss and can hear your pain we come so attached to our pets they are part of the family and a special part as they always seem yo know when you nned them near

Have you looked at the pre loved website there are often dogs on there that have had previous owners and are not as expansive

We are always here if you want to chat
  • BOOKIE68
    I would just like to say a huge thank you! To all of you who have taken the time to write back to me , I am absolutely overwhelmed that you all showed so much love and kindness thank you ♥️
    Yes UKIE was definitely a little diva, she brought so much joy to my life, she certainly brightened my days , she loved to stalk the letter box of a morning waiting for the post man , that was definitely her thing , we never got post that wasn't shredded !! She loved her cup of tea in a morning and her chicken and egg for breakfast , also her warm milk and honey for bedtime ?
    No doubt you have already realised that she was spoilt rotten, I treated her more like a child than a furbabie , she would NEVER walk up the stairs , oh no that little lady had to be carried , it certainly wasn't her thing to over exert herself! When she was snuggled in her  bed on the sofa she would only settle once she had her rabbit hot water bottle ?
    She slept on my bed at night time always wanting to sleep with her nose touching mine or snuggled into my neck , she did have her own pillow in the middle of the bed , infact her pillow was the best in the house , duck & goose down !! Her pillow case was a Ted Baker bambi pillow case ?
    Christmas last year my husband dressed up as Santa claus (we call him Santa paws) he absolutely looked the part , came down the stairs jingle bells ringing, disguised voice saying HO HO HO MERRY CHRISTMAS UKIE & CHECHE ...he only made it into the passage when both girls attacked poor Santa paws, it really was halirious to say the least , oh how I loved & still love that little girl, but it was also lovely to share these things with you all ♥️

Laying on mummy's pillow ready for bedtime ?
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    @BOOKIE68 sorry for your loss pets become a massive part of our lives and its horrible when we have to say good bye to them, I fully understand your grief and have been through it myself a number of times, but it's true what they say that time does heal, but that doesn't help in the here and now so my thoughts are with you x
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• BOOKIE68
    Thank you so much for your lovely message, I really appreciate you taking the time to message me, your kind words mean so very much 
    X ♥️
  • BOOKIE68
    edited September 2020
    I would just like to share with you all that I have now set up a go fund me page , I have NEVER done anything like this before but I am hoping that should anyone (no Matter how small) be wanting to make a donation towards me saving to hopefully ?purchasing a new little furbabie I would be so so grateful, & I thank you all from the bottom of my heart in helping me hopefully reaching my target ♥️

[Removed by moderator]
  • BOOKIE68
    I hope that you don't mind me sharing my link with you all for my go fund me page, I can only share it on here due to the fact that I do not have Facebook/ Instagram ect as I am very isolated and don't have any friends, I hope that people on here can help.me in reaching what seems to be an unreachable goal ! 
    God bless you all 
    Thank you ?♥️  X 
    PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE MY LINK WITH YOUR FRIENDS ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    So unbelievably sorry for your loss. Loosing a family pet is devastating. I can tell Ukie was well loved and I'm sure you gave her an amazing life. 

As a family we have lost two dogs in the past few months, I know we're still grieving and I miss them both dearly every day.

Hold onto the good memories and don't be afraid to get upset, the smallest things can bring back memories. I hope you'll look back on them fondly and that it won't always be as painful.  <3
    Scope

• BOOKIE68
    Thank you so much for your beautiful message ? the grief is so hard to bear and I'm trying so hard to accept the situation, at present I can't eat sleep.all I do is break my heart at the loss of her , i constantly miss her every second of every single day, i too send you love and my condolences at the loss of your beloved furbabies , losing them is to me like someone losing a child , I too hope that in Time the pain eases for you and your family ♥️
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    It really is @BOOKIE68 and I'm so sorry you are going through this.

Unfortunately I have had to remove your GoFundMe link as these are not allowed on the community.

I hope today is a little easier, just take things at your own pace and we're here if you need support.
    Scope

• BOOKIE68
    Thank you  , I totally understand, thank you so much for listening!! ♥️
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Wonderful photos and stories @BOOKIE68 <3 

How are you feeling today? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness