PIP update — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP update

samfits99
samfits99 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
Just called PIP up then as my claim runs out on the 6th March 2021 and they said I should get a letter around Sep / October time ...... the guy I spoke to on the phone said I will get a letter around June now I am happy !!!!! he said 6 months has been added onto your claim .... so said not till next summer now until you get your award review letter. I am so happy now !!! as it gives me more time. he just said I can see 6 months has been added onto your claim so you will get a letter around June time. good job I called up !!!! made my day now ?

Comments

• ernie2009
    ernie2009 Community member Posts: 167 Pioneering
    great news samfits99 now you can enjoy your day  :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2020
    Hi,

This doesn't really make any sense. if your award runs out in March 2021 then they will contact you way before June next year because otherwise your award will have already ended.

Also in another thread of yours you said you've already sent your PIP review forms off. https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/73814/pip-award-review#latest

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • samfits99
    @ernie2009 I can’t believe it I’m so happy !!!! as least now I don’t have to worry about anything till summer !
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope the DWP send out updated letters to claimants of the extension of their awards as these letters will be needed for renewal of Blue badges, bus passes ect.
  • poppy123456
    wilko said:
    I hope the DWP send out updated letters to claimants of the extension of their awards as these letters will be needed for renewal of Blue badges, bus passes ect.

Nope, i never received a letter and neither has my daughter. I had to ring for mine because my BB was expiring.

Although samfits news is very odd because in July they posted that they had their award extended for 5 years because of evidence they had sent a couple of months prior to the award. This was before they posted the review forms just a few weeks ago. My mind boggles.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @samfits99 - would you clarify things please. If you were awarded PIP for 5 years in July with a review, how would you be now be expecting another review next summer?
    You wouldn't happen to know @ChloeHibbert or @Sandra_63 would you, as they also were awarded PIP with an early review as they'd sent in evidence 2 months beforehand, just like yourself? :)
  • Sazcares
    Sazcares Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    My son has been on DLA 12years when pip was introduced I received a letter to say he would be seen as doing it alphabetically but never changed from DLA or heard from them should I be concerned?My doctor told me to claim for myself as have health issues but scared to any advice welcome ?
  • poppy123456
    Sazcares said:
    My son has been on DLA 12years when pip was introduced I received a letter to say he would be seen as doing it alphabetically but never changed from DLA or heard from them should I be concerned?My doctor told me to claim for myself as have health issues but scared to any advice welcome ?

Hi,

Your son isn't the only person who hasn't yet been invited to apply for PIP but he will eventually. They are massively behind and is nothing at all to worry about.

He can of course start the process off himself if he thinks he'll be entitled to a higher award but do be aware that PIP and DLA are different benefits with different criteria.

Regarding youself. PIP isn't awarded based on any diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. The only person that knows how your conditions affect you is yourself.

• samfits99
    @poppy123456 sorry not for me I do apologise ..... for my friends sister. her claim has been added a extra 6 months so she’s made up. I call up on her behalf. 6 month extension she has got. I’ve googled it and some claims are getting extended awards, not sure about all claims but hers has. 
  • samfits99
    @Username_removed my friends sisters has been awarded a extra 6 months. what’s all that about? I called them up on her behalf and they have added her a extra 6 month extension didn’t no they would do that like ... but you seem like a very clued you guy so thought I would ask 
  • poppy123456
    edited September 2020
    I see... Yes, due to covid19 they are extending claims by 6 months. Although they have extended some awards this doesn't mean you won't be sent the review forms anytime from now.
  • samfits99
    @poppy123456 sorry for the confusion it’s my fault. I honestly appreciate all your advice and help I really do. I asked them when should we expect to receive the award review then said not till summer? does that sound too good to be true bare in mind the claim ends Mid March 2021 
  • poppy123456
    No idea why you were told that if the award ends in March 2021. Your friend should expect their review form very soon.
  • samfits99
    @poppy123456 she just said it’s been extended for 6 months though? she said she can see it was suppose to run out in March 2021 but it’s been extended for a extra 6 months .... so when should I expect a award review letter? 
  • poppy123456
    I really have no idea sorry. I don't know why an award ending in March 2021 would be extended by 6 months because we are only in September.

I must admit, i'm a little confused by your posts because in July you posted that your award had been extended by 5 years because of evidence you sent in a couple of months prior to that. Then a couple of weeks ago you posted that you were sending your review forms back.

You keep refering to this as if it's your claim but then in a previous comment today you said it was your friends sister, so why would you be expecting any review letters?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.