Claiming more than three months in the past. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Claiming more than three months in the past.

LittleKitten
LittleKitten Community member Posts: 46 Connected
Can you make a claim for ESA for more that three months past. Such as for one or two years ago?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2020
    No, a claim can only be backdated for a maximum of 3 months and then the fit note from your GP also needs to be backdated for the same time. Any claim you make for New style ESA will be a NI credits only, as advised on your other thread.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • poppy123456
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • LittleKitten
    As in can you make a claim, that is specifically meant to be credits only, since got.uk information about NI credits it suggests that if you're eligible for ESA then you can claim class 1 credits.
  • poppy123456
    I've already answered your questions quite a few times in your previous thread. We're just going round in circles here. You can claim New style ESA only which will be for NI credits only, you will not have any payments. You can backdated it for a maximum of 3 months but is it worth doing that for a credits only claim?

You can't claim the old Income related ESA.
  • LittleKitten
    Does the credits only ESA claim come to an end after a year?
  • poppy123456
    No.
  • LittleKitten
    Can you request reconsideration of ESA entitlement at any time, regardless of how long the claim has been going for?
  • poppy123456
    It's within the first month after a decision's been made but with good reason you have 13 months. Not sure why you are asking that question though.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.