Best way for a Mandatory Reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Best way for a Mandatory Reconsideration

Options
rosieposey
rosieposey Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi all, 

I apologise if this topic has been abundantly discussed already however I wanted to ask for your opinion in terms of whether it would be useful to send in a MR request.

My report by the looks of it is mostly accurate however it does omit and contradict some aspects of the scoring system, for example stating that prompting and supervision is needed however still scoring a 0. Moreover, the evidence with which the score of 0 is justified is the same paragraph over and over not relevant to the specific activity being assessed.

I would not have any additional paperwork to submit, just would like to highlight some statements I had made in my form that had not been considered. As I would not have any further evidence to submit, would a paper form still be the best way to request one or would a phone call suffice once the decision does come in?

I have heard over the past few weeks that a written form is the best way to go in terms of having paper trail however I am not sure whether it would be worthwhile.

Thank you.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,266 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

Have you received a decision that you're not happy with? Do you have an award? If you haven't yet received a decision then you will need to wait for that before requesting the MR. If you've had the decision then you can use this form for the MR request.

You should state where any why you think you should have scored those points then add a couple of recent real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you, adding who was with you, where you were and exactly what happened.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @rosieposey - perhaps also worth mentioning, is would a MR potentially increase the number of points you have to change an award from standard to enhanced, for example? If you might already have an enhanced award, then altho there were 'inaccuracies,' it's not worth going for a MR if it wouldn't change anything.
    You also need to consider that you state how your disability affects you, & then the assessor records their 'opinion.'
    It doesn't matter that you have no further info to send off, as you're just asking another decision maker to look at the decision again, as it's a reconsideration. As Poppy says, do put a MR in writing, & give those important couple of detailed examples as to the difficulty you faced. :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @rosieposey, just wanted to check in to see how you were doing. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.