Hi, my name is BendyHedge — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is BendyHedge

Options
BendyHedge
BendyHedge Community member Posts: 15 Listener
edited September 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Just a quick hello, to one and all!

If anyone has any tips ,as to where i'll find info .On renewing a PIPS claim...

I know its a long way off(but time flies) but my PIP ends on March 2022,but as you'll mostly all know....it could be reviewed at any time...but i thought i'd spend next year, going through picking up tips on how to address the renewal...

I had zero help last time i claimed...but fortunately, i must have gotten the point over, with all the evidence, to be awarded.

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @BendyHedge welcome to the community. I can’t help much about your pip question but there are a lot of people here who can.
    best wishes. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @BendyHedge :) Just to let you know, I've moved your post into the PIP category so that more people will see it.

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there welcome on board 

There are lots of hints and tips in our PIP section 

But treat the renewal like a new claim put as much detail about how you are affected against the descriptors 

Give real examples of what happens when you try and do a task . Any help and support you need any aids you use and can you do it safely and repeatedly 

Gather any new evidence that describes how you are affected . Maybe keep a daily diary or get someone who sees you do the tasks to write supporting letter 

You have plenty time they usually send forms out 6 months prior to award ending unless award was at tribunal 

You may get help filling in forms from CAB or welfare rights 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @BendyHedge - welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. If you haven't looked at a list of the PIP activities/descriptors, the following might be useful: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/Scores-for-PIP-Descriptors-2020.pdf    reading the notes at the end too. So look at these, &, as mentioned above, give a couple of detailed examples as to your difficulties with any descriptor that applies to you.
    The PIP review form is much shorter, so add extra pages at the end saying which question you are continuing, & don't forget to put your name & National Insurance number at the top of these pages. :)

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @BendyHedge,, how are you doing? Please let us know if we can do anything else to help. :)
    Scope

• BendyHedge
    Options
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @BendyHedge - welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. If you haven't looked at a list of the PIP activities/descriptors, the following might be useful: https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/asset-library/Scores-for-PIP-Descriptors-2020.pdf    reading the notes at the end too. So look at these, &, as mentioned above, give a couple of detailed examples as to your difficulties with any descriptor that applies to you.
    The PIP review form is much shorter, so add extra pages at the end saying which question you are continuing, & don't forget to put your name & National Insurance number at the top of these pages. :)

Hi,and many thanks for your help!   
    How many months before the end of my present claim, do i have to ask for the review form?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,991 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2020
    Options
    You don't ask for it, it's sent automatically about 6 months before the award is due to end. Your award doesn't end for quite sometime yet so whether the rules will change for reviews then, i have no idea.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @BendyHedge, hope you're well :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • BendyHedge
    Options
    You don't ask for it, it's sent automatically about 6 months before the award is due to end. Your award doesn't end for quite sometime yet so whether the rules will change for reviews then, i have no idea.
    Many thanks!

My condition isnt going to get any better and in many senses, its worsening!.....shouldnt it be more straight forward this time?....in the sense that they know my history from the last time applying?....
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Many thanks!

My condition isnt going to get any better and in many senses, its worsening!.....shouldnt it be more straight forward this time?....in the sense that they know my history from the last time applying?....

Just like millions of other people. Always treat a claim just like a new claim, regardless of whether it's a review or a first time claim. Don't just assume they will look back at your previous claim because they don't always do that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • BendyHedge
    Options
    Many thanks!

Just like millions of other people. Always treat a claim just like a new claim, regardless of whether it's a review or a first time claim. Don't just assume they will look back at your previous claim because they don't always do that.
    Okey Doke! ?  Thank you.
  • BendyHedge
    Options
    Many thanks!

Ps: Was just thinking they'd at least have somekind of notes on me....but as you say!  

I was just thinking of gathering all the medical notes all over again...

Im on the waiting list for 3 operations and obviously its all been delayed.....Hence why ive asked the question way wayyyyyy before my original claim ends(although apparently, they can stop it and look at it at any point)...

I dont think i'll have all 3 ops in the next year.....I think i'll take this one as it comes and ask again a little closer to the time,as ive never had a renewal...
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Of course they will have the evidence you sent for your current claim but regardless of that any claim should be classed as a new claim.

Relax for now because it's quite sometime away.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck @BendyHedge when the review comes and with your three operations.  If you need any support with anything we are help to help  :)

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • BendyHedge
    Options
    Good luck @BendyHedge when the review comes and with your three operations.  If you need any support with anything we are help to help  :)

Many thanks for your understanding reply and support Cher !  Much appreciated!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.