PiP extensions? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PiP extensions?

Options
Hayd1994
Hayd1994 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi Everyone,

Are people still being given PIP extensions?
My wife was awarded her PIP claim by tribunal a couple of years ago, it was due to end in April but was extended by 6 months. Is this likely to be extended again or will it stop now? We never did recieve any paperwork regarding this, we were only told it was extended when we rang up to query. 

She already has taken her over the phone assessment, but we haven't recieved anythimg from the DWP since it was extended and are unsure how to proceed as the extension in theory ends in a few days. I'm just worried that they will cancel it and I'm assuming Tribunal cases aren't going ahead at the moment due to Covid. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by "she has taken her over the phone assessment" or do you mean she's filled out another PIP form and had the telephone assessment?

Either way, if she hasn't rang DWP to start another claim then she needs to do this as soon as possible because i'm not aware of awards being extended any further than 6 months.

Tribunal hearings are taking place either with telephones or paper hearings, very few people are having face to face hearings.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hayd1994
    Hayd1994 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi Poppy,

Apologies if it was unclear. Yes she started her claim at the beginning of the year. Sent back the paperwork and had her over the phone assessment around April/May.

I was just unsure what will happen after the 6 month extension ends as we haven't recieved any communication from the DWP at all.

Presumably we then just enter the painful process of Reconsideration and then Tribunal again? Just delayed for months I assume. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,030 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That seems a long time to wait for a decision. I'd advise her to ring DWP to ask if a decision's been made on that claim. You can't request the MR without the decision being made first.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.