I'm confused on latest news that some uc claimant will receive another 120 per month — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I'm confused on latest news that some uc claimant will receive another 120 per month

Adam1808
Adam1808 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited October 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi guys
I already receive the £120 per month on my uc as I list sdp in October 2017 I'm confused on latest news that some uc claimant will receive another 120 per month is this another 120 of not? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,.

Yes, i read that too but all is not quite as it seems, just like a lot of reports you read in a newspaper. Not everyone will recieve the extra money and alot of people have already received the money that's owed. As you are one of those that's already received it then there's no further extra money you can claim.

There was also the extra standard allowance that was given because of Covid19 which remains in place until April 2021. Sadly those that are still claiming legacy benefit missed out on that much needed extra money.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adam1808
    I thought I read a news article about dwp losing another high court battle saying the 120 must be raised as we still are getting less benefits than on esa and sdp? And we would receive a further 60 per month
  • poppy123456
    Not to my knowledge there hasn't been.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Fallenangel74
    Fallenangel74 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi poppy I'm on sea premium and high mobility and middle care I had to leave my previous home due to harassment. The 2bed house I'm in it's way to big the landlord wouldn't except PEOPLE on benefits so my freind ( carer ) put it in for him its £550 a month . But bad news is the housing stopped my rent saying theyve had a call of the landlord stating he was my boyfriend and living with me. She caused so much between his wife and me and they believed it they didn't come investigate they just stopped my rent of £330 month  now I'm having to pay all the £550out of my benefits and I only live in one bedroom upstairs. My friend as been helping me but as said is wife is getting really annoyed. Sometimes I just think instead of making everyone's life miserable just end it. Housing benefit have LITERALLY put me down in the pits with debt and I cant find way out . Do you have any advice please I'm really  DONE with all this benefits system stinks.
    Kind regards 
    Godbless 

Fallenangel
  • poppy123456
    Hi poppy I'm on sea premium and high mobility and middle care I had to leave my previous home due to harassment. The 2bed house I'm in it's way to big the landlord wouldn't except PEOPLE on benefits so my freind ( carer ) put it in for him its £550 a month . But bad news is the housing stopped my rent saying theyve had a call of the landlord stating he was my boyfriend and living with me. She caused so much between his wife and me and they believed it they didn't come investigate they just stopped my rent of £330 month  now I'm having to pay all the £550out of my benefits and I only live in one bedroom upstairs. My friend as been helping me but as said is wife is getting really annoyed. Sometimes I just think instead of making everyone's life miserable just end it. Housing benefit have LITERALLY put me down in the pits with debt and I cant find way out . Do you have any advice please I'm really  DONE with all this benefits system stinks.
    Kind regards 
    Godbless 

Fallenangel

HI and welcome,

Sorry but i don't quite understand what you're trying to say so can you please confiem something. Are you saying that the house that you live in the tenancy agreement is in your friends name and not yours? If so then who's name was the housing benefit in? Yours or your friends?
  • bishop1967
    bishop1967 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Is it being backdated or are they just paying it starting from next month ?
  • Adam1808
    I had it backdated from when I was forced onto uc and left the St my sdp it was 3 years worth of £120
  • Adam1808
    Sorry lost the sdp payment 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    Is it being backdated or are they just paying it starting from next month ?

This concerns only those that were claiming a severe disability premium in another benefit such as Income related ESA/JSA or Income Support that moved to UC because of a change of circumstances and lost the SDP.

Lots of people have already received backdated money with extra money each month because of the SDP legislation.

If you weren't one of them then this doesn't apply to you.

• poppy123456
    woodbine said:

I'm not even sure why they even wrote this story because thousands have already received everything they are owed. Typical newspaper story!
  • poppy123456
    This is the UC/SDP legislation that came into affect in January 2019. https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2019/10/made

• Adam1808
    I think the article states that the 120 will be paid as part of your uc as at the moment its a separate manual payment each morning nth via a different department so from now on it will be in the uc payment page
  • poppy123456
    edited September 2020
    To be honest, i wouldn't trust a newspaper artical because usually they only print half the story.
  • poppy123456
    The MEN story is disgraceful really and wholly misleading. It doesn’t represent what is actually happening at all.

Thanks for that Mike, my thoughts exactly.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.