Letter Received from DWP after PIP Telephone Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Letter Received from DWP after PIP Telephone Tribunal

HerBloke2020
HerBloke2020 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello everybody.

My partner has recently had a Telephone PIP interview and we where expecting to receive a letter from the DWP or COURTS with a decision.

But instead of a decision letter we have received a letter from the DWP stating that they now have all the evidence required to make a decision.

This seems a little strange as we was expecting a letter of decision. But thats not what we received.

So we are a little aprehensive and seeking further information.

If anybody knows why we have received this letter and not the decision could you please let us know.

thank you.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm assuming she had a telephone assessment for a PIP claim, if so then i'm really not sure why you were expecting a letter from the "court" it's got nothing to do with any court.

As she's had a telephone assessment the letter means exactly what it says, they've now got all the evidence they need to make a decision on her claim, which is a standard letter they send to everyone when claiming PIP.

If you live in the UK she can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessmenrt report to be sent to her. This will give her some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

Other than that all she can do is wait. There's no timescales for any decisions but it can sometimes take between 2-8 weeks sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome @herbloke2020

As @poppy123456 advised there is nothing to worry about and this is all standard stuff  :) Good luck with the outcome, let us know how you get on.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • HerBloke2020
    edited September 2020
    Sorry if i mis-interpreted.

She had a PIP Appeal / court tribunal . But it was done over the telephone..

We was told on the phone that we would receive a decision from the Courts regarding the outcome.

Instead we have received the letter from the DWP.

I am assuming this may be that the DWP have received the courts decision and that they now have to decide weather to appeal or award ect and thus they have all the evidence required to make that decision..

other than that i cannot think why we would receive a letter from the DWP stating they have enough evidence to make a decision now concidering the courts are to make a descision before they can make a decision, Hence why i have approached this forum for any advice any1 may have.

Again i thank you for your help.

• poppy123456
    It's not a court, it's a Tribunal. When did the hearing take place? It maybe that they haven't yet made a decision, it can take a couple of weeks sometimes to receive the decision letter from HMCTS. No idea why you received that letter from DWP either, sorry.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • HerBloke2020
    The phone call was only last week. But we was told we would here sumthing this week. but then we only received this letter, which is indeed hearing sumthing this week. but we where expecting the decision from the tribunal and not a letter from the DWP stating they have all the evidence required to make a decision now and will be in touch soon... AS far as i personally am concerned that suggests that the DWP have received the courts decision and have sent out a letter confirming that they now have all the necessery's to make a final decision.

But not being a DWP admin i donnot know the ins and outs of thier proceedures so i cannot be sure of this.

However i cannot think of any other reason for us to receive the letter from the DWP. it would make no sense for any other reason.

But thank you for your help.

Much appreciated.

• poppy123456
    It doesn't suggest to me that they've received the decision letter from HMCTS, if they had then that letter wouldn't have been sent because there would be no decision to make because the Tribunal will be making it, not DWP.

It's likely that either HMCTS haven't yet made a decision so no letters have been sent or that letter from DWP was sent before or around the same time as your wife's telephone hearing because letters from DWP can take up to a week to get to us. They do sometimes offer awards before a hearing takes place, although in your wife's case, it was too late.

She can contact HMCTS and ask if a decision's been made but as i advised, it can take a couple of weeks after the hearing to receive the decision letter, as it was only last week it took place and it's only Tuesday today.
  • HerBloke2020

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.