my telephone assessment today - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

my telephone assessment today

2»

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm pleased your assessment is out of the way, but even more pleased to read you're remaining in the community, as I'm sure your experience will help others; this is what this community is about....supporting each other & sharing our understanding.
    Just hoping for a good result for you now. Are you going to ask for a copy of the assessor's report to see how many points you may have scored? You ring the PIP query line for this if you decide to ask. Tel: 0800 121 4433. :)
  • ernie2009
    ernie2009 Community member Posts: 167 Pioneering
    chiarieds said:
    I'm pleased your assessment is out of the way, but even more pleased to read you're remaining in the community, as I'm sure your experience will help others; this is what this community is about....supporting each other & sharing our understanding.
    Just hoping for a good result for you now. Are you going to ask for a copy of the assessor's report to see how many points you may have scored? You ring the PIP query line for this if you decide to ask. Tel: 0800 121 4433. :)
    hi, chiarieds and many thanks for your message. yes im definatly going to remain in the community whatever happens and hopefully help some-one as so many have helped and supported me. ive been awarded pip twice before without having to go the mr route but if i have to i definatly will go the mr route.yes i think i am going to ask for a copy of the report just to either get it done and dusted or progress to mr. at the moment since wednesday and my assessment im keeping cool which is good for my mental health and trying not to dwell on it to much. im really undecided which way it will go but one things for sure even with all my problems im a fighter and will always fight for whats right and correct. enjoy your sunday and hope its sunny where you are.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @ernie2009 I admire your attitude and hope this wont be the case and you get your award again without having to do the MR/

Its been nice seeing you around and joining in
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad you're doing better @ernie2009 and fingers crossed for the outcome of your claim :) 

It's great to see you on the community :) 

My weekend is going well thank you, I hope yours has too.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • ernie2009
    Glad you're doing better @ernie2009 and fingers crossed for the outcome of your claim :) 

It's great to see you on the community :) 

My weekend is going well thank you, I hope yours has too.
    hi ross, i really apreciate all you have done for me plus your support plus many others who have helped and supported me. its really heartwarming to know there are such nice people out there still.
  • ernie2009
    just recieved text to say dwp had recieved my report from capita. when can i ask for a copy please?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,324 Disability Gamechanger
    Anytime from now.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ernie2009
    edited September 2020
    Anytime from now.
    thank-you poppy your so kind. (now requested, thanks again poppy where would we be without you )
  • poppy123456
    You're very welcome :) thanks for the kind words too :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • ernie2009
    well i just got my report from the dwp allthough some wasnt to bad there were quite a few inconsistencies in it. i really dont know how to read it as there are ticks but not in every box so how do i read the tick boxes?. he says he recomends my condition is reviewed in 18 months re my mobility but was recently told as my condition wasnt goning to improve i no lonegr have no end date. all very confusing so hope some-one can help or advise
  • poppy123456
    edited September 2020
    Use the PIP self test here https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/pip-test transf3er the dots from the report into the self test and it adds it up at the end. Remember the report is just a recommendation, although they do go against it they mostly go with it. A dot in a box means a recommendation has been made for that descriptor, whether it's zero, 2, 4, 6 points etc.

Not sure what you mean by "no longer have an end date because your condition isn't going to improve" do you mean for PIP? I'm assuming this a review of an existing claim? If so then any decision made on this claim will overrule any existing award you may already have.

• ernie2009
    hi poppy, where would i be without you and cant thank you enough. i was allready on pip and about 12 wks agao got a letter stating because id reached retirement age my award no longer would have an end date and they would contact me sometime in 2027 for a review. in the meantime silly me sent them a report from my consultant saying i had spinal damge. i then get a complete new claim booklet to fill in which i did and had a phone assessment on the 16th of this month. on my claim i was awarded 12points mobility and 8 living component. using the link you sent me it came back with 12 points mobility and 9 for daily living so i gained a point but the guy who called and filled the report i wouldnt call him a liar more a stranget to the truth. at end of report he recomends its reviewed in 18months but then goes on to tick the box to say my funcional restrictions will still be presnt at recomended review point if my award comes back the same i will definatly go the mr route as im sure quite a lot in the report is not really what i said at assessment.
  • poppy123456
    You're very welcome, I wish others thought the same sadly i can't please everyone. Yes, i remember your story now, i remember advising you at the time. I get confused with who's who here sometimes lol.

Regarding the MR. May i please point out that it will only be advised to request the MR if you think you can score more points. While i totally understand it must be frustrating to read the inconsistences in the report, if you're just requesting the MR because of this then there's very little point.

Of course you can also request the MR purely for just the length of time, if your award is short but please make sure you state it's the length of time you're requesting them to look at.

Good luck and please do let us know the outcome.
  • ernie2009
    You're very welcome, I wish others thought the same sadly i can't please everyone. Yes, i remember your story now, i remember advising you at the time. I get confused with who's who here sometimes lol.

Regarding the MR. May i please point out that it will only be advised to request the MR if you think you can score more points. While i totally understand it must be frustrating to read the inconsistences in the report, if you're just requesting the MR because of this then there's very little point.

Of course you can also request the MR purely for just the length of time, if your award is short but please make sure you state it's the length of time you're requesting them to look at.

Good luck and please do let us know the outcome.
    hi poppy, well i think you are amazing and do an amazing job helping and advising others and i for one would of been lost without you and there are quite a few things you have learnt me. it is annoying when the assessor calls and asks you questions to put down the oposite. he didnt put how much my wife has to help me with loads of things some ill not mention so as i say very annoying. if my award comes back for 18 months then i will go mr with lenth of award. i really wish now id kepy my mouth shut but me being honest joe and all that. thanks again poppy 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @ernie2009 good luck with the outcome  :) I'm glad the support you received from our community has helped.

Scope are collecting feedback about people's experiences of telephone assessments.  If you want to share your thoughts about how yours went, please take a look at our survey.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • ernie2009
    @ernie2009 good luck with the outcome  :) I'm glad the support you received from our community has helped.

Scope are collecting feedback about people's experiences of telephone assessments.  If you want to share your thoughts about how yours went, please take a look at our survey.
    hi cher, oh yes the support im recieved has been amazing from everybody especially poppy who must give so much time supporting others so well done to her. i got my report today which isnt half bad really but i think i need to calm down overnight re the fibs contained in said report then take stock stock once i actually hear from the dwp. oh yes of course im going to complete survey and stay on here aftre my award so hopefully help some-one else as ive been helped. many thanks for your message and support.
  • poppy123456
    @ernie2009 thank you for those kind words, they mean a lot!
  • al1991
    al1991 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Hi all I'm new to the forum...I had my telephone interview for pip on the 30th march 2021 and received a message on Thursday 1st of April to say the dwp have received a copy of my assesment and will be in touch within 8 weeks I'm abit worried after getting that text after 2 days is it normally longer...I suffer from scoliosis depression and other disabilities as well as mental health problems...last time I applied for pip I scored 0 points on all and had to go tribunal which I found really scary and I dont want to go through that again any advice would be appreciated...has any1 else had a decision sooner than 8 weeks 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @al1991

Ot is perfectly normal for report to be returned quickly 

You can request a copy of the report which will show recommended points or wait for decision . The report isnt the decision but recommendation from assessor 

Some get decision quicker some longer than the 8 weeks its just a guide 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Hi @al1991

Just spotted your message on this thread and I wanted to stop by, say hello and give you a very warm welcome to the community!

Thanks for your first post. I see that @janer1967 has already offered you some advice on your query - and presumably you've been having a read of what other people have already been saying on this post as well? Hope that's been helpful to you?

Just to mention - if you do have any other questions then you can also start a new thread of your own, by using the 'New Discussion' button on the top right-hand side of this page, or following this link - New Discussion.

I'll leave you to have a look around the community for the time being. Just give us a shout if you would like some help navigating the site, or if you have any questions for us.

Look forward to chatting with you again soon :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.