Hi, my name is Eamesy88! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Eamesy88!

Options
Eamesy88
Eamesy88 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Morning all, mum of 2 girls aged 14 and 11. My youngest is epileptic, asthmatic and has developmental disabilities so is 4 years delayed. She has very poor sleep and I'm currently trying too get ideas to aid sleep. I have tried weighted blankets, heat, lavender, relaxation sounds, dimmed lights and more. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Hi @Eamesy88

Welcome to the community, thanks for joining :) 

Sorry to hear about the problems your youngest is experiencing with poor sleep, it can't be easy as a parent to witness them go through.

It sounds like you're trying your best to improve the situation and you've already tried some great things there. 

Hopefully others will be able to offer their insight on this topic, but I found this resource from the NHS that contains tips for helping children to achieve healthy sleep.

Again, welcome to the community :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome @Eamesy88 glad you have joined us you may find some info in our parents and carers section 

Hope you fund a solution it's hard dealing with lack of sleep 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Eamesy88 :) If you live in London, Leeds, Peterborough, or Northamptonshire, you might like to check out Scope's free Sleep Right service. I hope that other parents have some tips for you too.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness