Pip review timescale — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review timescale

Jackswan
Jackswan Community member Posts: 26 Connected
Hello again to everyone hope you are having a good sunny day ?. I received my pip review form and sent it off in time as I had an extension for two extra week's. I was just wondering how long it will take for them to get back to me offering telephone assessment which I'm not looking forward to.. But I know its gonna happen. I would be grateful for your help if anyone knows thank you. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Jack Unfortunately there are no set timescales all depends on the backlog and the area you are in and the availability of the assessors.

Assessments f2f are still suspended so it will be a phone assessment
  • Jackswan
    JANA.. thanks for the info.. Just a waiting game then. Oh dear Anxiety levels n panic attacks will be kicking me silly so I'll be upping my meds. Have a wonderful evening all. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Try not to stress nothing you can do at this stage
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Most people are having phone assessments, paper based assessments are still rare. It's perfectly normal to feel anxious during times of reviews but please don't increase your meds without first speaking to your GP.

Hopefully you're not waiting too long but try thinking of something else in the meantime although i know how difficult that is.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jackswan
    Ty poppy ty jana I'll be ok 
  • ernie2009
    ernie2009 Community member Posts: 167 Pioneering
    from the day the dwp got my returned paperwork untill day of telephone assessment was 8wks. i was ok untill i actually got the assessment letter from capita then a couple of wks of stress untill the dreaded assessment was over. now its all another waiting game to see how i got on. hopefully you will hear soon then just get it out of the way.
  • Jackswan
    Ty for the info Ernie have a good weekend ?. 
  • Jackswan
    Hi all once again well I don't know what to say but my heads a bit fuzzy so here goes. Had a phone call off dwp lady askin if i still need prompting to eat food. Which I do need as I'll forget to because of cognitive problems. Then asked my surgery address to which I was a bit lost on so had to ask wife for help. Then asked if I still  need help with journeys to which I said yes. She was very polite and said I wouldn't need an assessment at this time and said her goodbyes and that was it. My head is now a bit confused as I've heard it could be a test of some sort and I don't know what to do next. Anyone have any thoughts on this plse
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    They could be doing a paper based assessment, which is rare but people certainly do have them. Nothing more you can do really but wait. If you put a mobile number down on the form once the report is back with DWP they will text you to tell you.

If you live in the UK you can then ring DWP to request a copy of the report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

There's no timescales but hopefully you won't be waiting too long.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jackswan
    Ok poppy thnk you fingers crossed ? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.