What is your go-to coffee shop order? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What is your go-to coffee shop order?

Cher_Alumni
Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
Today is another national day, and one of my faves at that.  

It's International Coffee Day 2020, an annual event that this year is focused on encouraging the next generation of entrepreneurs to enter the coffee-making business.

Cups of frothy coffee sprinkled with chocolate

Soya, I hope a latte of you are coffee fans as I want you to answer me these questions:

• When you visit a coffee shop, what do you like to order?
  • Do you like a festive coffee?
  • Or, controversially, does tea more tickle your taste buds?

Let us know in the comments below!
Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I always have a latte I like the gingerbread flavour at Christmas 

I do like tea but dont very often order it out unless I'm having an afternoon tea

I have coffee pod machine and have latte at home I tend to drink coffee in the day and tea in the evening 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I like to order a cappuccino. I just like that creamy froth, oh and the free biscuit!

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• RAwarrior
    RAwarrior Community member Posts: 430 Pioneering
    Hi @Chloe_Scope,

I order a white Americano with hot milk.

Unfortunately I don’t like any type of flavoured coffee including festive coffee. 

I also don’t like instant  coffee. 

I also like very strong coffee so when I buy coffee for my cafetière I buy a strong blend?

I also like tea but it has to be strong. I know this thread is about coffee but Yorkshire tea is one of my favourites.
  • Cher_Alumni
    @janer1967I love a gingerbread latte at Christmas too in the festive cups, or a baileys hot chocolate on Christmas markets.

@leeCal Those little biscuits are so moreish! 

I have a Tassimo machine and try to stick to one latte a day in the morning.  I think I'm going to need another one this afternoon though as I'm rapidly hitting that wall!  

Have you both always liked coffee?  it took me a while to actually enjoy the taste.

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Cher_Alumni
    @RAwarrior Yorkshire tea is the best, I agree.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I didnt always like coffee I didnt like any hot drinks till my mid twenties apart from hot chocolate then I liked both tea and coffee 

I did go off coffee during pregnancy though but nowadays I drink for coffee than tea
  • RAwarrior
    RAwarrior Community member Posts: 430 Pioneering
    Hi @Cher_Scope,
    Apologies as I tagged Chloe instead of you?
    I had my infusion today and I didn’t sleep well last night so I am not with it today and I didn’t read who started the thread?

It was great when I visited York because they served Yorkshire Tea everywhere.

I used to be a tea drinker but in recent years I have started to drink more and more coffee?
  • Cher_Alumni
    @RAwarrior no problem, infusions can leave you with a bit of a fuzzy head.

It's fab to see so many Yorkshire tea fans  :)

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    I like an Americano with cream

Like @janer1967 I also don’t usually order tea when I am out unless it is an afternoon tea

@Cher_Scope I also have a Tassimo Machine. They are quite good aren’t they? I find the pods to be quite expensive though, as you get 8 cups per pack which is £3.50 when they are on offer and up to £5 when not, unless you go for the basic americano then you get 16 cups in a packet!
  • Cher_Alumni
    @66Mustang Yep, I get the costa latte capsules and they are almost as good as the 'real' shop ones.  I always buy them when they are on offer  :D and agree they are a bit of a costly treat, but we are worth it.

• Deresha
    Deresha Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Almond milk chai latte. Nom. Now I want one  >:)
    Widow/Mum to a child who is ventilator dependent via tracheostomy, he is deaf and autistic, and homeschooled.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Costa is my favourite and i always order a cappuccino, infact i'm going this morning with my daughter. It's that time of year where Christmas shopping is needed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • roberttaylor570
    roberttaylor570 Community member Posts: 575 Pioneering
    Good morning all.  For High Street coffee outlets my first choice is Costa.  I usually have a Medium Cappuccino with Gingerbread or Hazelnut syrup and chocolate sprinkles I'll probably have a Mature Cheddar Cheese and Roast Tomato toastie and a slice of either a brownie or Millionaire's shortcake.  Anyone hungry yet?  I used to go to a community Cafe before lockdown but it closed then and may not reopen.  My other choice is just off the High Street, an independent Cafe called Cafe Time.  Good food and nice coffee and as the name suggests there are clocks everywhere.  Have a great day and don't get caught up with Storm Alex!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    My go to is probably a vanilla latte with oat milk. Although, I do enjoy a chai latte too. :)
    Scope

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    For me it varies depending on season, with the Christmas period approaching, whenever I go to a coffee shop I'll probably look for an orange hot chocolate :) With a bit of shortbread on the side
    Online Community Coordinator

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • huttonka
    huttonka Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    I like a milky coffee don't go out that much 
  • roberttaylor570
    roberttaylor570 Community member Posts: 575 Pioneering
    @huttonka The stronger the better.  I am a bit of a coffee addict.  @Ross_Scope Costa do a good range of seasonal coffees with different syrups and toppings.
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Omg! Someone just had to mention THAT word!!!!! It's only just October people and it's the most miserable time of the year for me and others...... the last thing I need is a reminder. It's bad enough that a few movie channels show no other sort of movies relentlessly.

Anyway, back to the coffee, lol!

Medium Vanilla Latte from the Italian coffee maker that sounds expensive in English but probably means something completely different in Italian. :smile: Not too strong and lots of milk and sugar, haha!

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.

Brightness