The soundtrack to your life — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The soundtrack to your life

Cher_Alumni
Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
If a film was made about your life, what would the theme song playing in the opening credits be and why?  B)
Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,568 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    Great thread idea. I will have a think but at the moment I am thinking Breaking the Habit by Linkin Park. The song is about the singer’s mental health issues and how he dealt with his drug use. I can relate to the lyrics in the song and I have managed to mostly break the habit of drinking too much to cope with my mental health issues. :)

What about you?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Girls just wanna have fun 

Because that is what this girl has always tried to do 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Brill choices there  <3

For me, it would be You got the love (the dance version with Candi Staton).  It reminds me of a lot of times in life where my loved ones support has got me through and it always gets me on the dance floor!  So that, or Destiny's Child Survivor.

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Manifesto by roxy music. Difficult to explain but it’s mostly about trying all sorts and often against the odds whilst searching for meaning in life. Great track and good lyrics anyway.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cher_Alumni
    @leeCal Roxy Music's Same old scene is one of my fave songs ever.  I will check out manifesto.

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    @Cher_Scope the first part of the track is instrumental leading up to the singing but it’s well worth listening too especially the bass by Gary Tibbs, he and Paul Kossof (Free) are the best bass players in my opinion.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

Brightness